Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is EUR. 25 000 per annum a good salary?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

It's acceptable money for a first job out of college type position in your early to mid 20's but a poor salary once you get a bit of experience and push into your late 20's and beyond.

Generally when these kind of threads come up, I assume they are started by people starting off in their first "proper" job (i.e. something with a career path, not part-time during college, summer etc), as they generally seem to centre around if salary X is a livable salary. I'd expect someone who has been working and supporting themselves etc for a few years to know what kind of salary they need to live a certain lifestyle.

Generally threads started by more experienced people would ask something more along the lines of "is salary X a good salary for job Y". So they want to know whether they will be earning a fair salary for their particular job (e.g. software engineer, people asking about contracting rates), not whether they can afford this thing or that thing on the salary.

Advertisement