Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Kilkenny

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Where is the best place to find out about renting a house in Kilkenny? Is there any free local newspapers or anything? I have tried looking online but haven't seen anything much on daft.ie so I'm wondering where else I should be looking?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭diabloro

You could try the kilkenny people newspaper. It comes out every Wednesday or these websites: http://www.dng.ie/dng_residential_branch.cfm?id=56

http://www.howlinduggan.com/

http://www.housefinders.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

It depends if you mean the city or county

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

There's a free paper out on Wednesday called the Kilkenny Reporter. Try some estate agents. O Keefe auctioneers on John St. or McCreerys on Parliament St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Hi all,

Where is the best place to find out about renting a house in Kilkenny? Is there any free local newspapers or anything? I have tried looking online but haven't seen anything much on daft.ie so I'm wondering where else I should be looking?

Thanks in advance :)

Are you looking to rent or share? There should be plenty of rental accommodation on daft tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

:) That's great thanks everyone! :)

I would rather stay away from agencies because I've found in the past the seem to be very strict with 1 year lease minimum. It would be for the city.

The newspaper is a good tip thanks guys because I figure that's where regular people would post, it seems to be mainly agencies on daft. :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fifilasparkle

:) That's great thanks everyone! :)

I would rather stay away from agencies because I've found in the past the seem to be very strict with 1 year lease minimum. It would be for the city.

The newspaper is a good tip thanks guys because I figure that's where regular people would post, it seems to be mainly agencies on daft. :confused::(
    Heya

The 1 year minimum depends on the agent, I went through one and avoided the minimum! If you tell them on advance they will be able to.help you! Though I found that pretty much everything seems to Fi through agents!!! :-s

Welcome to Kilkenny anyway!!! :-)

Fi

Heya

The 1 year minimum depends on the agent, I went through one and avoided the minimum! If you tell them on advance they will be able to.help you! Though I found that pretty much everything seems to Fi through agents!!! :-s

Welcome to Kilkenny anyway!!! :-)

Fi

Ah really? That sounds great, I am going on experience with agencies in Cork! Maybe I will look into it so after all, thanks for that, and thanks for the welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beaker_KK

Agree that you should check KK People, we got out rental place through ad there (direct with landlady, don't think she knew how to work Daft! :p)

Beaker_KK wrote: »
    Agree that you should check KK People, we got out rental place through ad there (direct with landlady, don't think she knew how to work Daft! :p)

:) Thanks, I actually bought the KKpeople last week so I have great hopes! :)

Advertisement