Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom steadily getting worse

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

hi there,

over the last few months my line quality has gotten steadily worse.

ive had the broadband speed reduced from 16mb/s to 10mb/s

changed dsl filters, routers, etc

it still wont stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time

what on earth is wrong with your crap service on the cabra exchange? and for the love of god will ye fix the dam thing asap.

i'm extremely fed up getting ripped off €80 a month for a service that is down more time than it is up.

sort the damn service out already. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

hi there,

over the last few months my line quality has gotten steadily worse.

ive had the broadband speed reduced from 16mb/s to 10mb/s

changed dsl filters, routers, etc

it still wont stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time

what on earth is wrong with your crap service on the cabra exchange? and for the love of god will ye fix the dam thing asap.

i'm extremely fed up getting ripped off €80 a month for a service that is down more time than it is up.

sort the damn service out already. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

Can understand your frustration here and apologies the service has not been up to scratch. If you send me some account details via PM I will check this out for you. There are no general issues reported with the Cabra exchange but if you send the details I'll test your line specifically.

Regards

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

ok today i had an eircom guy call round.

he replaced the following:
    zyxel router (router no.3 now)
    the wall socket (now has inbuilt dsl filter)
    he rerouted the port at the cabra exchange
    downgraded the speed to 9mb/s

its still dropping connection every few minutes.

i have also been told by another eircom support guy that has been plenty of calls regarding poor quality adsl2+ service in the cabra area in recent weeks an average of 20 per week. :eek:

sadly i have been unable to persuade UPC to connect my side of the street to the opposite side of the street where 100mb/s is available, i just get told it will be connected by the end of the year :( if it was available in the morning i would have absolutely no hesitation about dropping eircom like a hot stone.

ADSL is a dead technology already imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

my girlfriend in D13 with Eircom is getting the exact same problems as you are after having it for 5+ years and no problems. Internet dropping constantly

APM wrote: »
    my girlfriend in D13 with Eircom is getting the exact same problems as you are after having it for 5+ years and no problems. Internet dropping constantly

NGB = Not Good Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

ok today i had an eircom guy call round.

he replaced the following:
    zyxel router (router no.3 now)
    the wall socket (now has inbuilt dsl filter)
    he rerouted the port at the cabra exchange
    downgraded the speed to 9mb/s

its still dropping connection every few minutes.

i have also been told by another eircom support guy that has been plenty of calls regarding poor quality adsl2+ service in the cabra area in recent weeks an average of 20 per week. :eek:

sadly i have been unable to persuade UPC to connect my side of the street to the opposite side of the street where 100mb/s is available, i just get told it will be connected by the end of the year :( if it was available in the morning i would have absolutely no hesitation about dropping eircom like a hot stone.

ADSL is a dead technology already imo.

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

Can you PM me with your phone or account number so I can help you with your broadband connection.

Thanks,
    Ant

• Advertisement

APM wrote: »

Hi APM,

Can you PM the phone or account number and I will check this broadband connection.

If you need to call into Technical Support at any stage :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

Can you PM me with your phone or account number so I can help you with your broadband connection.

Thanks,
    Ant

i spoke with my friend that works for ye, it seems there is a fault on the line... part of the line out on the street needs to be replaced as it has corroded to the point its knackered. He also mentioned he has NEVER seen anyone getting more then 16mb/s... so why does eircom advertise 24mb/s when noone has ever got more than 16mb/s?

the guy so far has:

replaced a dodgy rack at the exchange, and some cabling out on the street... and has more to do tomorrow.

he has it stable at 9mb/s for now but hopefully after he has replaced the next section of cabling i should be able to increase the speed back upto to 12mb/s or higher.

update: went home yesterday to find the line dead AGAIN.

update: went home yesterday to find the line dead AGAIN.

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

Thanks for posting on the forum. Again, if you PM your phone or eircom Account number I will be able to look into your query.

You can also log a fault direct yourself : Freefone Faults Department on 1901

If you need to follow up or check for updates online - 'My eircom' Sevice : bit.ly/myeircom

'My eircom' - Get help & support, Check BB usage, See your current products -View /Pay your bill online - bit.ly/myeircom - 'My eircom'

Let me know if I can assist further.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement