Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That sinking feeling...

1235»

Comments

Did the other guys in the office trick you into doing a 'desk pop'? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

My guess is you got hammered and where still wasted at work,
    Got caught smoking a joint whilst at work,
    Got caught riding the bosses Wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

My guess is he pulled a sickie on an obvious day for it OR fell asleep on the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh look it's the Hardly Boys in The Case of the Pointless Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Teddy, I just want to know 1 thing.....
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    You've been here 4 years and you still don't know how to view 40 posts/page. I am disappoint.

...how do you view 40 posts/page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's what I didn't do in work was the problem, I didn't show up.
    I was on the piss all weekend and ended up drinking till early Monday morning. I work up at 2pm or something on Monday and didn't give a **** about anything. I wasn't thinking about work.
    I've gone in a few times after being out the night before and always show up on time and get my work done, but it's been mentioned to me a few times in a non formal manner.

I only started a few months ago and the HR manger and my areas top boss said specifically not to be ringing in sick because of a hangover on Monday morning.
    The boss I report to is sound, and I see him most Mondays and he knows that I go out on the piss a fair bit over the weekend.
    Obviously then I started getting The Fear, anxiety, seeing things moving that weren't there, getting flashbacks from the weekend and panicking about what to do about work in the morning. All the usual hell people go through after a heavy drinking session, self loathing much? There might have been more than drink now I thinking too, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway I was just going to say I was genuinely sick to my sound boss, but he mentioned it to me first and I just admitted it and he was surprisingly entirely cool about it . (Other people have told me he was actually a big drinker years ago so maybe he's done the same thing...?)
    He just told me not to make a habit of it and that he wasn't going to mention it to his boss, and we'd just forget about it.
    It wasn't until today though that I was talking to our main boss and he never brought it up, so I can safely assume nobody else brought it to his attention.

As I previously said, very obvious what happened, boring too. But that's the joys of withdrawing from alcohol.

(I used the word boss a lot there didn't I:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Enough to land you a job selling gates, if next Monday the same thing happens.:D

Glad it worked out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was on the piss all weekend and ended up drinking till early Monday morning. I work up at 2pm or something on Monday and didn't give a **** about anything. I wasn't thinking about work.
    I've gone in a few times after being out the night before and always show up on time and get my work done, but it's been mentioned to me a few times in a non formal manner.

I only started a few months ago and the HR manger and my areas top boss said specifically not to be ringing in sick because of a hangover on Monday morning.
    The boss I report to is sound, and I see him most Mondays and he knows that I go out on the piss a fair bit over the weekend.
    Obviously then I started getting The Fear, anxiety, seeing things moving that weren't there, getting flashbacks from the weekend and panicking about what to do about work in the morning. All the usual hell people go through after a heavy drinking session, self loathing much? There might have been more than drink now I thinking too, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway I was just going to say I was genuinely sick to my sound boss, but he mentioned it to me first and I just admitted it and he was surprisingly entirely cool about it . (Other people have told me he was actually a big drinker years ago so maybe he's done the same thing...?)
    He just told me not to make a habit of it and that he wasn't going to mention it to his boss, and we'd just forget about it.
    It wasn't until today though that I was talking to our main boss and he never brought it up, so I can safely assume nobody else brought it to his attention.

As I previously said, very obvious what happened, boring too. But that's the joys of withdrawing from alcohol.

You're on the grid now mofo! If you have to take a sick day in the next few months they'll assume it's drink related.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    You're on the grid now mofo! If you have to take a sick day in the next few months they'll assume it's drink related.
    Yes, but I have a clear conscience again, and will make sure not to have another weekend like that.
    In this economic climate (did I just say that:eek:) you can't treat your job like that. You need to care for it, like a woman*:D

*that would be a joke, I know in the 21st centuary we are all equal and women don't need...caring for:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

*that would be a joke, I know in the 21st centuary we are all equal and women don't need...caring for:)[/SIZE]

They don't need caring for but if you don't care for them they will snap your neck and break off your thumbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

You went on the lash and missed a days work ?

This is the big fcukin secret ????

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

In for a penny, in for a pound!!
    Go out with a bang!

LordSmeg wrote: »
    You went on the lash and missed a days work ?

This is the big fcukin secret ????
    Eh....Do you want me to post it again?
    Are you disappoint:eek: Ohhh Noes!
    Get out of here troll!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

I think you need to pull your knickers up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Camo22 wrote: »
    I think you need to pull your knickers up!!

& put suspenders on to keep them up! Ted, you're lucky to have a job, no recession in your house if you can drink enough to miss work Monday. We'll have no more of this malarky.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I think it's worth mentioning that there is a very good chance your main boss knows. He's not going to say anything to you himself in the situation you described, that's what the middle guy is for.
    If this isn't a throw away job then don't take another sick day this year if you can help it. These things can be forgotten if they're allowed to be forgotten.

You make it sound like you were in Nam with the night out... You must freak out at things like Dougal in the cockpit of a plane.

Shryke wrote: »
    I think it's worth mentioning that there is a very good chance your main boss knows. He's not going to say anything to you himself in the situation you described, that's what the middle guy is for.
    If this isn't a throw away job then don't take another sick day this year if you can help it. These things can be forgotten if they're allowed to be forgotten.

You make it sound like you were in Nam with the night out... You must freak out at things like Dougal in the cockpit of a plane.
    When you get the FEAR, you'll know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ha ha. I've known it well. Don't think I don't have any sympathy at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Jaysus man, mind that drinking habit. When it starts hurting other aspects of your like this, that's when they say you have a problem. We've all had days when we've been hanging but you could've lost your job. And your boss probably sees this and either relates on a personal level or doesn't want to lead the company into trouble as businesses have to be understanding with addiction etc these days.

Somebody had to say it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

So that's all it was about.

I turned up to work so hungover one day I was sent home, another day day I was too drunk to work and was promptly shown the door.

The middle man pleaded with the manager to get me back my job, which I did. I left after a few months anyway.

Fast forward a few years and I turn up drunk at another job, this time the manager thought it was hilarious and sent me home.
    That kept me nicely oblivious to the extent of my problem.

A few years later my OH said, choose me or alcohol....do you get the picture.

If drinking does this to your head, boozy blues, flashbacks and paranoia, you might want to rethink how much you neck in one go.

Jobs aren't easy to get, which I'm sure you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement