Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayview House

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:06pm

Some people might know Bayview House - it's the B&B on the corner near the Eye Cinema and Huntsman that was the subject of a supposed haunting a few years back. I've passed this place hundreds of times and not once have I seen a "Vacancy" sign, it always reads "No Vacancies". Is it still operating as a B&B?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Isn't this the haunted house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭RINO87

Haunted?? I'm intruiged!! Tell me more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe they don't have a 'vacancy' sign.

Surely they could just cover up the "No" then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I think this is the house he's talking about - https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53.281176,-9.03235&spn=0.007159,0.013797&hnear=Ireland&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.282029,-9.033796&panoid=7jdukDyh-sapMX0w6vS2sw&cbp=12,301.07,,0,-1.4

It's been apparently haunted for years, I remeber stories of lots of strange things happening when the place was being renovated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I lived beside it for the last 2 years and never a saw a soul anywhere near it in that whole time. Gave me the creeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

It has been closed as a B&B for years and afaik has some burst pipe water damage inside from a couple of winters ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Galwayps wrote: »
    It has been closed as a B&B for years and afaik has some burst pipe water damage inside from a couple of winters ago.

Ghost taking a pee, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

A good friend of mine owns it, bought it many years ago. Business was good for a while but competition between themselves and the huntsman was too much so they ended the business a few years back. They leave the sign up as some people still enter asking for a room for the night even though they stopped trading. Most of these people would have been former guests who just arrive unannouced.

On the ghost stories, People used to say they would see a flickering light travel down the stairs and into the sitting room and then go back upstairs again before fading through the wall. Unfortunately this has never been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Know people who got a priest last year to get rid of poltergiest activity in a house in town, sane people who arent religious or prone to having an active imagination, spooky stuff! Must be lsd or something in the water

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you talking about Bayview House now?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

nope another house in town

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Bayview house of today is a totally different building. They knocked the old building and rebuilt on the exact same site.

(I'm aware that ghosts are more attached to a piece of land than an actual building and are therefore still residing in the new builiding, if in fact ghosts in general actually exist).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

ghost only exist in North America, same as UFOs

Advertisement