Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Places you would love to check out,for me one place would be portrane hospital,most of the old parts are closed down and boarded up,its a serious big area.i used to hang around the area many years ago,and i do remember been up around it at night,very very scary place...i drove up there last week,and i drove down to what we called reillys hill,theres an old unit there and i have to sat the whole place is creepy...

another is an old educate school in swords..and for one reason,a few years back the teenagers used to drink in it,one evening one of them left his cans behind,him and his mate went back,they filmed from the light of his phone as they looked for cans,as the spun around the room ya can clearly see a wee girl walking by,now im now professional but at the time i studied the film,and i couldnt see any shadow or nothing from the girl,now recently i asked someone who was hanging with the lads about the film and i asked did they set it up,and she said no 100 percent they didnt even see anything when they were there,only when the looked back over footage,ill try my best to see if footage is still out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i honestly do not understand how anyone would want to investigate anywhere unless they had good reason to believe there was something to investigate. For me, personally, the fact a building is old, ruined or derelict isnt a good enough reason to suspect it's in any way haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

they filmed from the light of his phone as they looked for cans,as the spun around the room ya can clearly see a wee girl walking by,now im now professional but at the time i studied the film,and i couldnt see any shadow or nothing from the gir...

Fair dues to you if you can analyse video from a phone in bad light. Professional or not, I'd say its highly, highly unlikely to get the quality from a phone to be able to review it properly. Teenagers drinking cans rarely make reliable witnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimmyjimmy123

maccored wrote: »
    Fair dues to you if you can analyse video from a phone in bad light. Professional or not, I'd say its highly, highly unlikely to get the quality from a phone to be able to review it properly. Teenagers drinking cans rarely make reliable witnesses.

would ya??i wouldnt i seen it...

i honestly do not understand how anyone would want to investigate anywhere unless they had good reason to believe there was something to investigate. For me, personally, the fact a building is old, ruined or derelict isnt a good enough reason to suspect it's in any way haunted.

oh just to say its not the teenager drinking cans that i took story from,i seen the footage...im going by what i seen..

• Advertisement

i wouldnt be,in the case of portrane i know many people that worked there through the years,and ive heard many storys,as you do research with leinster paranormal what would make you want to come and investigate somewhere??,would it not be down to storys involving these people that would ignite your interest..?? the reason id like to investigate portrane would be for the same resons i assume you would investigate a building,is because you heard it was haunted...hence you then investigate that place...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are 4 posts in a row really necessary?

The one place I'd like to investigate would be Loftus Hall. If you haven't heard of the legend check it out!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Are 4 posts in a row really necessary?

The one place I'd like to investigate would be Loftus Hall. If you haven't heard of the legend check it out!

yes they were,i jumped down the mans neck and took him up wrong,so i done some edit work re read what was there and done some posting,was there in wexford...but was some years ago...it was a weekend we made a visit to various places,and one was an old house in ballyboughal not far from swords,and were were visiting a house that we were told to crazy stuff about,now we had permission to enter the house so all was good,down wexford way i didnt make it as far,but the company i was with did..but were prevented from going near the house,which is only right,they were tresspassing...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

yes they were,i jumped down the mans neck and took him up wrong,so i done some edit work

Why didn't you edit it all in the one post?

Also paragraphs are your friends, it makes it easier for everyone to read your posts if you space them out a bit. Remember a tidy Boards is a happy boards! ;)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Why didn't you edit it all in the one post?

Also paragraphs are your friends, it makes it easier for everyone to read your posts if you space them out a bit. Remember a tidy Boards is a happy boards! ;)

lol..would if i could...my mistake....

• Advertisement

Somewhere haunted. These places seem to be missed when investigations are being done. There is only 1 place i would like to go back to . A few boadsies have been there, it is residential . But its the only place i have been to were something movied. Just want to try and film it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The one place I'd like to investigate would be my parents house :p Still haven't gotten around to it been meaning to for a good 3-4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Very interesting thread! :) I've never investigated anywhere but if I could I'd check out Cullane House in Kilkishen, Co.Clare. It's on the abandoned ireland site if anyone is interested.

I can't remember if there are any ghost stories attatched to it, although there are other places in the area with stories. I'm fascinated with the life story of its former owner.

And unusually for me I felt very unnerved any time I walked through the woods around the house. They're a tad menacing :D

Ziycon wrote: »
    The one place I'd like to investigate would be my parents house :p Still haven't gotten around to it been meaning to for a good 3-4 years now.

Don't!! :eek: I can assure you the banging noises you were hearing coming from upstairs are NOT paranormal!!!

Advertisement