Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with UPC

Options
  • 18-06-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I moved in with my boyfriend in november and we got upc internet and tv, it was under my name and in my account and my boyfriend was to give me money for the bill each month after it came out of my account. Upc said that i gave them the wrong details and I had to give them to them again, and the money was not coming out of my account due to this so the bill was never paid. Sadly my boyfriend and i broke up shortly after moving in wit eachother and we got the upc disconnected.. I was told ther was a 100 and something euro charge when the contract was broken. the bill then came to 291.51.. because my boyfriend owed me money he agreed to pay to bill. it is now 6months later and he has still not given me anything..I have said that upc have given me 2weeks to pay the bill before i get a court sumons and everything yet he hasnt given it to me... i dont have the money to pay this bill!!

what can upc do to me since i have still not paid the bill?! :(
    PLEASE HELP ME.. very scared

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to its own thread.

Unfortunately, the account was in your name and therefore you are liable for the bill. The only thing you can try to do is ring them up and see if they will accept a payment plan from you (i.e. for €5 per week). Make this offer in writing, via registered letter, to their collections department.

Even if they refuse, and bring you to court, the simple fact that you offered to make repayments on the debt will be in your favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi scissors92

Have you spoken with our billing team and returned the equipment already? If not please call 1908 or pm me your account details, I would be happy to pass your details to them, so they can make contact with you directly.

Regards

Jason
    scissors92 wrote: »
    I moved in with my boyfriend in november and we got upc internet and tv, it was under my name and in my account and my boyfriend was to give me money for the bill each month after it came out of my account. Upc said that i gave them the wrong details and I had to give them to them again, and the money was not coming out of my account due to this so the bill was never paid. Sadly my boyfriend and i broke up shortly after moving in wit eachother and we got the upc disconnected.. I was told ther was a 100 and something euro charge when the contract was broken. the bill then came to 291.51.. because my boyfriend owed me money he agreed to pay to bill. it is now 6months later and he has still not given me anything..I have said that upc have given me 2weeks to pay the bill before i get a court sumons and everything yet he hasnt given it to me... i dont have the money to pay this bill!!

what can upc do to me since i have still not paid the bill?! :(
    PLEASE HELP ME.. very scared

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scissors92

Jason,
    yes the equipment has been collected. I have also explained to them my situation again recently.

Scissors92

Advertisement