Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from sim to micro sim card

Options
  • 19-06-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I got myself a windows phone - nokia lumia 800 through work so changing over from my iphone 3G. Just realized that its not a micro sim in the iPhone but a large sim. I have a contract with o2. Where or how I can I get a micro sim for my new phone, transferring everything from my old sim to it?

Comments

If you have a contract with O2, just pop into any O2 shop, they'll change it for you, no problem.
    If you are a bit adventurous, you could just cut it with a scissors (plenty of vids on youtube) but make a mistake and you're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

head into shop they will cut ure sim down with the machine they have or they will simple transfer over ure sim to micro,it not a big deal:)
    i just got them to cut my sim down

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

Thanks guys. In the even of wanting to switch back to the iPhone, can I keep the large sim and get another micro sim with both being the same data wise?

Amateur wrote: »
    Thanks guys. In the even of wanting to switch back to the iPhone, can I keep the large sim and get another micro sim with both being the same data wise?
    Only one sim for one number. They won't let you have the one number on 2 sims. You can get a mico sim adapter. basically a bit or cardboard in the shape of a sim card with a hole for the micro-sim to fit in.
    For less than a euro deliverd from here http://dx.com/s/micro+sim+adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Only one sim for one number. They won't let you have the one number on 2 sims. You can get a mico sim adapter. basically a bit or cardboard in the shape of a sim card with a hole for the micro-sim to fit in.
    For less than a euro deliverd from here http://dx.com/s/micro+sim+adapter

Last time I was in an O2 shop, they had a box of them them under the counter, talk nicely to them and they'll give you one for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement