Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wise changing from Eircom NGB to Vodafone?

• 19-06-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I am currently paying Eircom €49.59 per month for their 8MB package. I achieve 5MB download speeds fairly consistently which is just about acceptable for my needs. A bigger issue is that they are only giving me a miserly 10GB allowance which I sometimes exceed slightly...and pay a few euro per every extra GB used. They have told me that they will give me an unlimited allowance for €50pm, with the first 6 months for €45.

Vodafone can do a 40GB package for €40pm. This would be more than enough....hell I could even download a film or 2 per month with this. Same line, same zyxel modem (yes I know it's ****e), but supposedly no loss in service and extra downloading for less.

I'm in Drogheda so no UPC....just wondering if changing to Vodafone would be wise considering the above.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

Yes get Vodafone it's cheaper you would be getting the same speeds. Plus they don't block The Pirate Bay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

if your on the ngb package your dl allowance is 250gb.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

One benefit with Vodafone that doesn't seem to come up very often is when you end up close to their limit you can get buy an addon for extra usage allowance. It's only an extra 30GB on the lower packages but it's a whopping 150GB on the higher packages, not only that but there isn't a limit on how many of them you can add to your package so if deicide you want to download a terrabyte a month you just keep adding 150GB add ons till you get there.
    kaahooters wrote: »
    if your on the ngb package your dl allowance is 250gb.....

'Fraid not, the basic 8MB NGB with Eircom has a limit of 10GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

your right about the eircom package, but, personally would stay away from vodafone, i had an abysmal experience with them, changed mobil phone along with the home phone and bb.

Advertisement