Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ag Science...Before/After**

• 19-06-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

A topic about the HL & OL Ag science exams on 21st June!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

smithy77 wrote: »
    A topic about the HL & OL Ag science exams on 21st June!!:)

finally a thread with the stars!! :pac: haha ah ag science. how're set for it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Bubbleope wrote: »
    finally a thread with the stars!! :pac: haha ah ag science. how're set for it? :)

Haha the stars highlights ag science from the rest:p .. Well I haven't studied ag science since May but I don't think it'll take me long to revise it all tuesday and wednesday.. well hopefully:p

Also are people of the assumption that farmers are better at ag science than non-farmers?:pac:

Also are people of the assumption that farmers are better at ag science than non-farmers?:pac:

i dunno now.. :pac: i live on a farm but i'd want to do a bit more farm work to be awarded the name farmer. :L i plan to help out more in the hols though :) :pac:

ag science doesn't have much to do with farm life though so i don't think it'd make a difference if someone was from the city and was doing it.. :P
    sure my father wouldn't have an ounce of a clue how to do ag science like!! :P :pac: he's clueless when it comes to it.. sure he didn't even know the breed of ram he had on the farm :L i had to actually tell him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Soo..what to study??:D :(

Dearbhaile wrote: »
    Soo..what to study??:D :(

I'm hoping to get Genetics, grassland and crops done 2day:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Beer1

Im so F**KED for this, im trying to study but the coarse is too broad.I have music to study for too!:(

can somebody please explain and answer this question:

Explain how the quality of available silage may influence the rate of feeding concentrates to cows after calving.

PLEASE! it's been annoying me for the past like 4 hours. :L ughh
    i don't even know how to begin explaining it?!?!
    it's from 1988 paper, Q1. :o

All of genetics definitions covered and genetic crosses I'm ok at from biology:) I've grassland done with characteristics of grasses, reseeding, grazing systems, silage, hay, weeds, fertilizers (hoping that'll cover it):p and I'll go over potatoes, barley and maize after the England vs Ukraine match:pac:

That question Bubbleope i haven't a clue but it came up in 1988 so hopefully it won't repeat itself:p

All of genetics definitions covered and genetic crosses I'm ok at from biology:) I've grassland done with characteristics of grasses, reseeding, grazing systems, silage, hay, weeds, fertilizers (hoping that'll cover it):p and I'll go over potatoes, barley and maize after the England vs Ukraine match:pac:

That question Bubbleope i haven't a clue but it came up in 1988 so hopefully it won't repeat itself:p

you just said you covered silage there. :pac: omg i can't even think of how to answer it though! don't even know what the question means.. :o :pac: it's really annoying me! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

One to go!!! :D

I love ag science but hate the phrasing of the questions, so bloody vague at times.

''Write about cows'' - 48 marks

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Anybody else going cutting silage tomorrow in preparation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

We'll all be fine :D If you know Qs 1,2,7 & 9 you're flying. Its pretty much what was done in the project. 24% before ever starting :D

Does anyone know what they got in their project? I got 93/100 was seriously happy with that, hoping It'll push my grade up:D

Yeah the information is grand in ag science just the way they ask the questions, its sometimes hard to know what information to use for what question:o

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Teacher said I got in the 90s so I can spare 30 marks to get the A1 :P

97. The other guy got 98 but he had a different teacher

Ag Science predictions (including experiments):

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s87q2buv2npkntd

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I got 99 in the project, may have had a bit of help from an old project :pac:.

Went to sleep for past 2 hours after chemistry, ag science all day tomorrow!

Hayezer wrote: »
    I got 99 in the project, may have had a bit of help from an old project :pac:.

Went to sleep for past 2 hours after chemistry, ag science all day tomorrow!

Congratz. I'm pissed that I lost out on 3 marks, but 1, so close

am pretty sure i got at least 24 out of 25% on the project/oral. XD i'd want ta! :eek: 100+ pages. Spent a long time doing it. :o

EDIT: is anyone gonna bother leaving out a certain part of the course? i don't think i'll spend much time on pig production.. just cause it bores me and hopefully pigs won't appear on the paper. :pac: ughh.

am pretty sure i got at least 24 out of 25% on the project/oral. XD i'd want ta! :eek: 100+ pages. Spent a long time doing it. :o

EDIT: is anyone gonna bother leaving out a certain part of the course? i don't think i'll spend much time on pig production.. just cause it bores me and hopefully pigs won't appear on the paper. :pac: ughh.

I'm leaving out forestry anyway:p

• Advertisement

I'm leaving out forestry anyway:p

ara yeah. :D that's an easy chapter anyways. :) should be able to answer a question if it comes up. :L hopefully. :P

can somebody please explain and answer this question:

Explain how the quality of available silage may influence the rate of feeding concentrates to cows after calving.

PLEASE! it's been annoying me for the past like 4 hours. :L ughh
    i don't even know how to begin explaining it?!?!
    it's from 1988 paper, Q1. :o
    I'm guessing if the silage is good quality,less concentrates would be needed?and if silage is poor quality,you would have to increase the concentrates fed? To ensure the cow is at the correct condition score after calving and so she can milk off her back? Guessing that's it?

I'm guessing if the silage is good quality,less concentrates would be needed?and if silage is poor quality,you would have to increase the concentrates fed? To ensure the cow is at the correct condition score after calving and so she can milk off her back? Guessing that's it?

that makes PERFECT sense now! i think you're right. :D thanks! :D

If there's a question like: 'What are the cultivations for potatoes'. Would you go on about the soil, climate thats required then sowing, storage, fertilizers etc or is it something completely different?:confused:

If there's a question like: 'What are the cultivations for potatoes'. Would you go on about the soil, climate thats required then sowing, storage, fertilizers etc or is it something completely different?:confused:

i'm not sure if they'd word it like that. S: they'd probably say "Outline the cultivation practices involved with potatoes"

but you're right. :D i'd just talk about how well-drained loams/sandy loams are the best soils and then how to prepare seedbeds and sowing. :) Then talk about sprouting, fertiliser, earthing up and maybe explain how rotation is important in keeping away pests and diseases. :P i think that's all i'd write.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 soyabro

looks like an all nighter for me tomorrow. after that im done :-)

soyabro wrote: »
    looks like an all nighter for me tomorrow. after that im done :-)

Same, I need to get crops, animals, soil science and experiments done tomorrow woooo:pac:

that makes PERFECT sense now! i think you're right. :D thanks! :D
    No problem:) I'm so fecked for this though, I actually have never studied ag science!!All nighter tomorrow for sure!! Then SUMMER!!:D

No problem:) I'm so fecked for this though, I actually have never studied ag science!!All nighter tomorrow for sure!! Then SUMMER!!:D

hopefully you mean an all-nighter tonight and not tomorrow night?! Haha the exam is tomorrow yano! :) i have to study for music yet too. starting to feel the pressure. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Megan.mcgowan

Hi all.. Ag science tomorrow is my last exam, plan on studying all day today for it and maybe get up early tomorrow. I know I got 90+ in my project, and I took Ag Science on this year as a repeat to replace my ordinary math since I didnt fancy doing it again seeing the course was changed!
    Anyways, we had class once a week, and on the odd saturday, but I could count on two hands the number of classes we've had all year! I haven't touched it all year as i'm doing all honours and needed to focus on english, chemistry etc, I realise now that this was a BIG mistake!
    Can anyone please tell me the main parts of the course I should go over, i'm pretty good at biology got a B1 in the leaving last year so hoping that will help me.

Any replies would be great!!

Advertisement