Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ag Science...Before/After**

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Nah it was WB X WB. Offspring: WW WB BB

wasn't the second part EE EB EB and BB. :L 1:2:1 ratio. :confused:
    did anyone get that? :pac:
    no Ws in my answer! :P

edit: hmmm i think i did the genetics question wrong after reading back. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Bubbleope wrote: »

I mixed up W with E :P Yeah 2:1:1 :D Very straightforward Genetic's question and the rest of the paper wan't too bad :)

I mixed up W with E :P Yeah 2:1:1 :D Very straightforward Genetic's question and the rest of the paper wan't too bad :)

oh so you got the same as me? O: i wonder if we're right. i didn't think it was incomplete dominance when i first read it but now that i think back on it... it could have! :eek:

i liked the paper too. was really lucky actually. didn't have time to look at a lot of chapters and they didn't even show up. :pac: i was so lucky. :D although average grade probably.. waffled a few answers.. especially Q9. :pac:

oh so you got the same as me? O: i wonder if we're right. i didn't think it was incomplete dominance when i first read it but now that i think back on it... it could have! :eek:

i liked the paper too. was really lucky actually. didn't have time to look at a lot of chapters and they didn't even show up. :pac: i was so lucky. :D although average grade probably.. waffled a few answers.. especially Q9. :pac:

Twas incomplete Dominance but I think the way to think of it is W being little e. So EB is actually Ee. Fairly sure your answer is right anyway.

Twas incomplete Dominance but I think the way to think of it is W being little e. So EB is actually Ee. Fairly sure your answer is right anyway.

hopefully i'll get a few marks anyways. :o even if it's not completely correct. :pac: ah well

• Advertisement

hopefully i'll get a few marks anyways. :o even if it's not completely correct. :pac: ah well

But it was right :P No point worrying til August :D

But it was right :P No point worrying til August :D

ara yeah :D PARTY! or bog work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

edit: hmmm i think i did the genetics question wrong after reading back. XD

That's exactly what I got!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zuppy10

When i was saying about the "We" thing i mean like you can use any letter for it eg. Ce or Te, its just something to show that neither e nor b are dominant. Which is the point of incomplete dominance!
    Anyway, no-one know what the terminal sire was?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

zuppy10 wrote: »
    no-one know what the terminal sire was?

i said it was a sire whose offsring were sold to be killed (ie for meat)

• Advertisement

zuppy10 wrote: »
    When i was saying about the "We" thing i mean like you can use any letter for it eg. Ce or Te, its just something to show that neither e nor b are dominant. Which is the point of incomplete dominance!
    Anyway, no-one know what the terminal sire was?
    123 LC wrote: »
    i said it was a sire whose offsring were sold to be killed (ie for meat)

123 LC is right. :) I think i said something like "It's a ram used in the mating process for meat production". O:
    There's probably a better definition in the ag books. S: oh well.
    And then my examples were the suffolk and the texel. :)
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    That's exactly what I got!
    ah good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

123 LC is right. :) I think i said something like "It's a ram used in the mating process for meat production". O:
    There's probably a better definition in the ag books. S: oh well.
    And then my examples were the suffolk and the texel. :)

ah good :D

I think as long as we said it showed incomplete dominance after that we should be ok!

Just let this die. I don't want to think about it :P

Advertisement