Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Query] slow speeds, WMM

• 19-06-2012 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I have only recently read about WMM and from what I understand it allows link speeds greater than 54Mbps.

I've recently been experiencing slower broadband speeds than I'm used to on the 3mb vodafone package using a netopia 2247 nwg router, the one eircom were knocking out a while back.

WMM is turned off by default but I'm looking into enabling it, would this perhaps give my internet signal (wired and/or) wireless better quality? Or does it rely on some sort of other hardware specs...such as network card?

Thanks in advance boards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

WMM has nothing to do with improving throughput. Its used for prioritizing certain types of traffic on the Wireless link. eg: Voice packets

Test with a cable to your router, and see if that improves your internet speeds.
    Most likely, it won't, and the bottleneck is your broadband connection.

Advertisement