Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping from Australia to Ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2012 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are moving back to Ireland in July and just wondering does anyone know who best to ship with? We want to ship our TV, Playstation and prob 2 boxes clothes etc
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I have done it before with theses guys -http://www.packsend.com.au/Tv and other stuff and had no problems.
    I didn't shop around too much but if i remember correct a 40in LCD and @ 8 good sized boxes came in around $800,dropped them off at the office and all i had to do was pick them up near Dublin where a freight holder had them cleared etc when they arrived.
    Nice and easy ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just double check about the tv. I think I have read somewhere that Australian tv's don't work in Ireland:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

irish tv's work in australia, think they use the same mpeg4 for broadcasting their digital signal, so you would assume that they would work visa versa.:confused:
    but you could ask here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56 the lads over there wouldn't be long putting you straight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

My Irish TV works here, so am going to assume the opposite holds.

I got a quote for moving everything home through cassie.com.au - was pretty reasonable. You can email aaron@cassie.com.au

Good luck with the move - very jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

My Australian Lcd worked fine when i brought it back to Ireland,was running a Sky digibox through it though but also got stations through the ariel connection no probs.
    Australian Ps3 had no problems either playing playing Blurays or games back home,just to add;).
    Also to add a tip if your bringing back a tv and games systems Hifi etc on OZ plugs bring back a multitap? plug lead and you just put an Irish plug on the end of that,saved me the hassle twice as my goods have come back to Oz for there second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Zara01

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Great help!

Advertisement