Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is getting a bill pay phone worth it?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Well just asking if anyone would like to advise me, I want to get the galaxy s3 and I'm wondering is it better to actually just buy the phone? And keep my credit or get the phone on bill pay for free, I'm with three currently and would be getting a bill pay on three aswell :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I'm sure others will tell you the pro and cons of the different billpay plans across the networks.

For me though (and this is just me) I have had a Billpay phone since I first bought a mobile in 1997. The thoughts (especially back then) of running out of credit and having to go buy more just turned me off from the start.

OK I know nowadays, getting extra credit isn't a problem but the packages and whole marketing (take Meteor for example) seem targeted at teenagers rather than adults who need an ALWAYS on product

Eg: I'm on eMobile's half-price €34 per month plan. For that I get (in real terms) unlimited any network calls, unlimited standard landline calls, unlimited any network texts, free access to eircom's wi-fi hotspots AND 15GB data each month with the option to upgrade to the latest and greatest handsets come renewal time. Show me a PAYG package that will give me all that! :)

No I don't work for eircom/eMobile/Meteor and I'll be the first to admit that where the product can fail is the back-office operations (billing, customer care etc), but if you're persistent enough you'll eventually get satisfaction - unlike 3 which is like talking to one of those voice response systems even though you have a "live" agent.

But as I say, this is just me but I can't imagine myself ever having the patience to put up with PAYG :)

Advertisement