Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save the trouble of meter readings

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

It happened again! This bi-monthly bill will be another "estimate reading" bill.

Just like the times before, I read the meter, got online, typed in the meter readings, and sent it through. One day, two days, three days - still no notice of the bill being online. So I sent a message, just to see if something went wrong with the meter reading...

This morning, I received an email notice of the bill being online. However, not with the meter readings I provided but with another "estimate reading".

Hm, I guess I will save myself the trouble of future meter readings with ESB...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi scw,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting readings accepted. Did you submit them via the website here or via your online account?

If you send on your account details by PM we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scw

Thank you David!

I submit them via my online account - where it says enter meter readings. Isn't that the way to do it: to save the trip for the ESB meter reading guy (we live rural) and to avoid estimated readings?

"Adjust readings" (https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/adjust-a-reading.jsp) are only for:

If you receive an estimated bill from us that is significantly higher or lower than your actual meter reading.

If an ESB Networks meter reader has called to your home but could not get access to take a meter reading.

Aren't they?

Hopefully the final reading/bill, coming September will be working out. ;)

No problem scw,

Yes, you did it the right way. If you like I can adjust the bill that has just issued and input the correct reading that you took yourself. Also, I could make sure that you're submitting the readings at a time when the system is open to accept them (generally the same 7 day window every two months).

Regards,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scw

If you like I can adjust the bill that has just issued and input the correct reading that you took yourself.

Thank you, David. No, that's okay. Just leave the bill like it is. No problem.
    Also, I could make sure that you're submitting the readings at a time when the system is open to accept them (generally the same 7 day window every two months).

That would be great. Thanks a lot. How would that go about exactly? Notification by email? Checking the account myself?

Thank you - for all your time and effort!

scw wrote: »
    That would be great. Thanks a lot. How would that go about exactly? Notification by email? Checking the account myself?

Thank you - for all your time and effort!

Thanks for sending on the PM. Generally, I check when the readings tend to occur, e.g. on the 15th of every second month. They tend not to depart much from the established bimonthly pattern.

You can also check to see when your next reading is due to be taken via your online account (enter meter reading > new date), and readings which are submitted within 7 days of that date should be accepted by the system. I'll check to see what happened to the readings you entered.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement