Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad and wireless printer?

• 19-06-2012 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Ive just got a wireless printer, set up fine to work with my laptop, however, now I want to set it up on my ipad. So obviously the ipad doesnt have a cd drive, so how exactly do I, or can I, set up the printer??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

mel123 wrote: »
    Ive just got a wireless printer, set up fine to work with my laptop, however, now I want to set it up on my ipad. So obviously the ipad doesnt have a cd drive, so how exactly do I, or can I, set up the printer??

I may be wrong, but I think you need an airplay compatible printer, I was looking at them on the apple site this morning myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

mel123 wrote: »

What printer is it?
    I got a HP wireless printer a few months ago, and downloaded the app "HP ePrint Home & Biz" for printing from my iPhone and iPad, and it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

only an airprint equipped printer will work

heres the list of the currently compatible ones, and now with manufacturers other than HP too!
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

You can use printopia or Fingerprint . I think they're about €10 each. You install it on your Mac (presume there's PC versions) and it enables you to print from ipad via any printer connected to your computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

quaalude wrote: »
    What printer is it?
    I got a HP wireless printer a few months ago, and downloaded the app "HP ePrint Home & Biz" for printing from my iPhone and iPad, and it works well.
    Same here. Using a non AirPrint 2yr old hp photosmart. Works fine with the app above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My Epsom has an app as well as it isn't an official air play one- it works fine. I'd suggest going on to your printer manufacturers website- that's where I found mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mel123

thanks for all the replies guys, will try it tonight - i have an epson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Epson's website has the app. Hope it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

only an airprint equipped printer will work

heres the list of the currently compatible ones, and now with manufacturers other than HP too!
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
    indeed, should have said that out of the box only airprint printers work seamlessly.

I have an older HP printer and theres an app for it but it still doesnt come up as an available printer on the default printing menu on my iPad when say in Mail or Safari so still isnt a perfect solution to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you have a Mac, you can install Airprint activator, and its lets wireless devices "see" printers on your network, once you have printer sharing turned on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement