Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open University Languages- Teaching Council

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

HI - I'm doing level 2 in French (60 credits) and will do Level 3 in French next year (60 credits) with the Open University. (I already have a primary degree, post grad dip and MSc but these are in the field of business & HR).

To be recognised by the Teaching Council for teaching French, I believe that I would need to do a literature element as well. Has anyone done this before and if so, what / where did you complete the course (or any other suggestions / recommendations welcome).

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trish83

Hi Lauren,
    I know this was a while ago but im wondering did you find an answer in relation to the literature side of things.
    I am currently having the same issue and cant seem to find a solution.
    Hope you can help
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

I see from the Teaching Council website that you need 15 credits of French Literature. If you can satisfy the entry requirements, how about Maynooth University's 20 credit Higher Certificate in French Literature? Looks to be a combination of distance learning and Saturday workshops.

However, you should confirm first with the Teaching Council if these modules will satisfy their criteria. They tend to like the modules they are assessing to be undergraduate.

Advertisement