Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for auction property

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

I am interesting in buying a house that is going up for auction soon. i was wondering do the banks lend in this case (i.e when you dont know the cost yet)! the house is in need of further work which i would also be looking to cover as part of the mortgage

Any help id be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

user37 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am interesting in buying a house that is going up for auction soon. i was wondering do the banks lend in this case (i.e when you dont know the cost yet)! the house is in need of further work which i would also be looking to cover as part of the mortgage

Any help id be grateful

Yes they do. Apply for the max you are prepared bid plus whatever you think you'll need for additional work. What may cause an issue is getting the valuation done from the bank's perspective. This may come in for less than you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Hi, Sorry to bring this thread up again.

I'Ve been to the banks and all is looking good re getting the mortgage but i have now found out that there is no spectic tank and there is issues with it and have to apply for retention.
    i was just wondering, will the banks still lend for this house when there is no planning for the spectic tank???
    thanks again

Advertisement