Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive feedback

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

No sure where to post this so here goes:

I was on a business development program 2 yrs ago and recommended boards.ie as a great place for asking questions & getting good business advice (in particular the Biz/entrepreneurial fora). No one on the course, including instructors were aware of boards at the time.

Last week I was on a 2 day course thru local enterprise board and one of the same instructors from 2yrs previous was doing a bit on business start-ups etc.
    She recommended Boards and had it included in the handout info (alongside Twitter and Facebook!)

Go boards!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I went into a mobile phone shop when I couldn't get my APN to work despite having had the phone unlocked by the shop and calling the new network's tech support.

The guy took the phone, opened up the Mobiles forum on boards which has an APN sticky and had it working in 5 minutes. Total facepalm when he did it since I knew about that sticky from a problem years ago. He didn't charge me and said "Next time, give Boards.ie a shot - it's a grand site" :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you hang your head in shame TV? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭darraghdoyle

I continue to use Boards.ie as a reference and resource for all manner of things on a day to day basis, particularly around moderation, rules and community policy. It really is (and continues to be) one of the industry leaders in that regard and the influence in a lot of what happens online in Ireland, whether people would admit to it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Did you hang your head in shame TV? :D

I never once admitted to having any prior knowledge of Boards.ie - so embarrassed :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I never once admitted to having any prior knowledge of Boards.ie - so embarrassed :P

Wait a few mins, it's about to get worse.
    I expect the phone guy to pop in any minute and put two and two together... :D

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Wait a few mins, it's about to get worse.
    I expect the phone guy to pop in any minute and put two and two together... :D

I foresee a sitewide announcement to try and track down the phone guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I had a PM from a German guy in Germany who'd been told by his German doctor that he needed a circumcision. The German doctor told the German guy in Germany that he could get more information about the whole thing from this thread on boards.ie

I like to think that this contributed towards the German decision to bail us out.

Ireland: You're welcome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

tbh wrote: »
    I had a PM from a German guy in Germany who'd been told by his German doctor that he needed a circumcision. The German doctor told the German guy in Germany that he could get more information about the whole thing from this thread on boards.ie

I like to think that this contributed towards the German decision to bail us out.

Ireland: You're welcome.

That's amazing. Def deserves to be post of the day/week/year!

lordgoat wrote: »
    That's amazing. Def deserves to be post of the day/week/year!
    Should have held on to it for another day/week/year. Nothing beats the clamped! thread :D

Advertisement