Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning item to Argos without receipt

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of boxing gloves from Argos yesterday. They were supposed to be adult size gloves but when I got home to try them on they were waay too small. Problem is I do not have the receipt, only the original bag. Is there any issue returning these today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Did you pay by cash or card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Did you pay by cash or card?

Visa debit. Used their self service machine in the shop and it printed a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Once the transaction appears in your online banking, you can print out a statement and bring it along with you. That will suffice in place of a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Well, it was straight forward enough in the end. Explained I'd bought them yesterday, with my card. They asked for my card, I gave them my card and they put money back on the card. Simple enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well, it was straight forward enough in the end. Explained I'd bought them yesterday, with my card. They asked for my card, I gave them my card and they put money back on the card. Simple enough.

in fairness Argos are decent enough that way on returns

• Advertisement
Advertisement