Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does Enda slag off anyone who asks him a question??

• 19-06-2012 11:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Why does Mr Kenny keep on slagging off anyone who puts a question to him??

I really really dont get what he is at and what he is doing these days with these silly slagging and mocking comments.

Hes the leader of this country,so surely he is responsible for actually answering a question that is put to him in the Dail.

Why is he acting like this,by mocking others???:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

paddy147 wrote: »

Cos he's a bollix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

classic misdirection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

FatherLen wrote: »
    classic misdirection

Yeah just see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

To buy himself time to think of an answer I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any chance of an example or a link or anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

i think Bill Clinton used to be a fair hand at it too. Doesn't wash anymore. An old trick to either avoid the question as he doesn't know the answer or to buy time to find the answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

biko wrote: »
    Any chance of an example or a link or anything like that?

He constantly mocks anyone who stands up to him in the dail and asks him a straight honest question.

He mocks them about "their past" or their partys past.

Anytime leaders questions is on the TV and Enda is there,he does it.

WHY????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Bitta banter ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

All polticians do this, watching the Dail here or the Parilment in London is like watching a classroom full of 10 years debate. The party leaders seem to be expected to insult each other while the backbenchers egg them on. Utterly childish behaviour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Cos he's a school teacher (apparently)
    They don't like being questioned, he'll give that Mary Lou one on detention one of these days, you mark my words!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I seen it last week with your woman from sinn fein, she asked him something about 'pulling the wool over peoples eyes' and he said 'we don't pull the wool we pull the balaclavas' or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

shut up stupid head...

i think its catching on tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Fine Gael tradition. He can't help it. They're just a-holes. Always have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

cloud493 wrote: »
    'we don't pull the wool we pull the balaclavas' or something.

typical, that would be him alright. still hasn't got over himself god help him.
    those kind of remarks shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ajmboyce

simple answer hes a clown or is that insulting the poor oul clowns clowns serve a purpose as they are a class of entertainer he isn't even an entertainer. its hard to get a word to describe him I suppose that say s it all I believe he was a teacher id imagine been taught by him was an experience God help us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I really really dont get what he is at and what he is doing these days with these silly slagging and mocking comments.

Hes the leader of this country,so surely he is responsible for actually answering a question that is put to him in the Dail.

Its a reaction I suspect to some what show he's not threatened bye the questions when he probably is....

Maybe he thinks bye being seen to have a laugh and a joke he's down to earth like most people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

He constantly mocks anyone who stands up to him in the dail and asks him a straight honest question.

That's hardly a trait synonymous with Kenny alone - Cowen, Ahern, Reynolds and Bruton before him were all schooled in the art of deflection. The optics wouldn't be great if a Taoiseach stood up and replied "D'ya know what, you've got a point there".

It's bravado and points scoring, something to keep the lardasses on the backbenches happy and provide an occasional soundbite to the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

ajmboyce wrote: »
    simple answer hes a clown or is that insulting the poor oul clowns clowns serve a purpose as they are a class of entertainer he isn't even an entertainer. its hard to get a word to describe him I suppose that say s it all I believe he was a teacher id imagine been taught by him was an experience God help us all

Well, that answers my question. Ya see, I thought that as he was as highly paid as an entertainer, that that's what he actually was. Ah well, giv'is another pint there please.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Because he's honestly crap at debating outside the Dail - and most know this, including him.

ALSO - Inside the Dail he can slag, accuse, throw dirt all he wants and not be legally accountable for it.
    Outside the Dail - different normal state rules apply and he could be held accountable in a court of law for slander, defamation and liable - and he knows it.

The next time you hear an Irish politician saying in the Dail "I dare you to step outside and say this/that!"
    ...Now you know why!

Advertisement