Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you just don't get

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Don't know why you're quoting me, i don't find them disgusting.
    But i don't like them beside my toothpaste especially when an oulone looks at you strange when you are quite clearly looking at the toothpaste and not the tampons.

Fair enough!

Also, I don't get people who think 'randomness' is funny. Someone says purple monkey dishwasher and a group of his friends die with laughter.
    Even worse are tv shows like might boosh that use randomness as comedy. Who watched that ****e and thinks it's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

mashable and several others

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

tribal spikey meaningless tattoos espeically on the legs.
    eejits wearing shorts for as long as they can up to xmas day only because they've got said meaningless ridiculous looking tattoos on their legs.
    "look, i've got tattoos on my legs", "yes, i know, they're ****"

next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Kolido wrote: »
    Have you nothing better to do?

How is that relevant? Should i endeavour to spend my free time after work looking to do more work?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How is that relevant? Should i endeavour to spend my free time after work looking to do more work?

I'd say you should endeavour to spend your free time enjoying yourself rather than torturing yourself watching television shows you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When an ad or media says that this film/TV show or whatever has taken America by storm like that's a positive thing.
    Most TV shows etc that do really well in the US are absolute ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How you spend your free time is none of my concern but I for one wouldn't be watching a tv show for 3 seasons if I didn't particularly like it.

My apologies if I offended you.

Kolido wrote: »
    How you spend your free time is none of my concern but I for one wouldn't be watching a tv show for 3 seasons if I didn't particularly like it.

My apologies if I offended you.

No offense taken mate.
    I was given it on good authority the show gets better. I'm beginning to think otherwise.

What i probably should have said is I dont get why this show even got to a third season, let alone a fifth (as it is now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Fair enough!

Also, I don't get people who think 'randomness' is funny. Someone says purple monkey dishwasher and a group of his friends die with laughter.
    Even worse are tv shows like might boosh that use randomness as comedy. Who watched that ****e and thinks it's good?

I do. And before that Absolutely, before that Vic Reeves Big Night Out, before that Monty Python and before that The Marx Brothers and Hellzapoppin. Surrealism isn't for everybody :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I don't get......
    Why when the second people go on holidays they have to find an Irish bar, they sit there drinking with their GAA jersey on and talk about the weather at home to a lad they just met who only 10 miles from them.
    Why people can't sit still and shut up when in the cinema.
    The obsession with English premier league soccer. Most of the eejits who follow it have never even been to England, let alone point out their beloved team on a blank map.
    Ugg boots, they are hideous looking.
    Tv shows like Friends, 2 and a half men, and How i met your mother. Stupid and not a bit funny.
    Why people complain about the cold, when they go out without a coat.

MJ23 wrote: »
    I don't get......
    Why when the second people go on holidays they have to find an Irish bar, they sit there drinking with their GAA jersey on and talk about the weather at home to a lad they just met who only 10 miles from them.
    Why people can't sit still and shut up when in the cinema.
    The obsession with English premier league soccer. Most of the eejits who follow it have never even been to England, let alone point out their beloved team on a blank map.
    Ugg boots, they are hideous looking.
    Tv shows like Friends, 2 and a half men, and How i met your mother. Stupid and not a bit funny.
    Why people complain about the cold, when they go out without a coat.

Because people are crap. ;)

Can't speak for the jersey brigade but when the lady and I travel, we normally find an Irish bar - but it's a running joke with us - it's not a comfort zone, we try to immerse ourselves in the local culture and then be all smug about it later on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

RTE news fascination on reporting on the Egyptian elections, Syrian uprising etc. They never reported on it before the Arab Spring now it's on every fecking day! I'm sure when it comes to political upheaval in the war-torn continent of Africa, that I'm not the only one who couldn't give a ****e! It's not like we're a world power and need to be worried about what's going on.

Oh and Aung San Suu Kyi. I'm sorry but I just don't get the global fixation surrounding her.

Ermmm, you do know that Egypt is in Africa right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

People getting so angry with ps3/xbox games they start screaming at the tv, like its going to help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

People who carry out long, pointless drawn-out arguments on the internet, especially on here and youtube.

It seems that no matter what video I watch on youtube, there's always at least two idiots having some stupid argument in the comment section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

EmilyO wrote: »
    Tea.

/runs for cover

Coffee is also sh*te
    Madame K wrote: »
    Why are there are so many American shows on Irish television?

May I Present as evidence, fair city, expose, the late late (honourable exception of the toy show), the clinic, pure mule, katherine lynchs being a big fat waste of skin, etcetera etcetera.
    They're useful for cleaning corners of cookers after spillage, oil out of motorbike oil sumps and other hard to reach places apparently...

Or soaking up blood, have known them to be thrown into trauma packs for this reason, or for emergancy firestarting tinder.
    Suas11 wrote: »
    People who carry out long, pointless drawn-out arguments on the internet, especially on here and youtube.

It seems that no matter what video I watch on youtube, there's always at least two idiots having some stupid argument in the comment section.

The comment section on youtube often makes me despair for humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who can't spell, or use simple punctuation.
    Anyone over the age of 16 who uses text speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

How many days are in each month. I know there's a poem you can learn to help but I can't remember that either.

Only month I can be sure of is February and even then only 75% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

How many days are in each month. I know there's a poem you can learn to help but I can't remember that either.

Only month I can be sure of is February and even then only 75% of the time.

30 days has September, April, June, and November, all the rest have 31, except for February alone, which has 28 days clear, and 29 in each leap year.

What I don't get is that now that Pluto is no longer a planet, how are we supposed to remember our planets?

My Very Easy Method Just Sums Up Nine Planets - this nolonger holds up - everything is wrong with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

My Very Easy Method Just Sums Up Nicely

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People that need to post every minute detail of their lives on facebook. No one gives a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I just don't GET POST data.

***gets coat***

posts coat.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People that need to post every minute detail of their lives on facebook. No one gives a ****.

You do if your friends & loved ones live oceans and continents away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why haven't we done away with 1 and 2 cent coins yet. Do away with the stupid 1.99 and 2.46 type pricing, round everything to the nearest 5 cent and we could stop minting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

People who like to act as grammar police on forums! If u wnt 2, correct tings bcum a teecher!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

old hippy wrote: »
    You do if your friends & loved ones live oceans and continents away.

No you don't. Just because they might live on the other side of the world doesn't mean they want to hear about what I had for breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

People who follow rugby but didn't go to a rugby school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

people that scream when they get a fright or see something that scares them.WTf is screaming going to do to help.

damagegt wrote: »
    people that scream when they get a fright or see something that scares them.WTf is screaming going to do to help.

It alerts others to danger and to the fact that you need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

Glasses, as in spectacles.

I need them, am blind without them, but still don't get how they work.

They're just glass/plastic.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Who has ever let a jaffa cake go stale?
    McVities, before they package and ship them.

shuridunno wrote: »
    Glasses, as in spectacles.

I need them, am blind without them, but still don't get how they work.

They're just glass/plastic.:confused:

I'm fairly sure they cover the whole convex/concave thing, and the inner workings of the eye in school, possibly even for the Junior Cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

I'm fairly sure they cover the whole convex/concave thing, and the inner workings of the eye in school, possibly even for the Junior Cert?

Not in my day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Posh handbags, specially the Louis Vuitton ones. Man, are they ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I know it's very basic but I can never seem to figure out the clocks changing forwards and backwards.... "what time is it?!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I well and truly do not get how when I play music that when I'm locked it seems to be like a whisper to me but like there's a concert going on as far as the neighbour is concerned!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

FishBowel wrote: »
    People who follow rugby but didn't go to a rugby school.

:confused:

I like Formula 1 but have never driven a sports car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

-The evolution of teenybopper text speak from saving text characters, to using them all up. When I was say 14, 15, (7-8 years ago) you'd shorten words, tweenies nowadays make the word at least twice as long. For example, we'd say "I luv u", and they say (and I have seen this written!) "ii lufff yhooo" WHAT THE ACTUAL FACK. I blame free texts. And when we're on the subject - people who use text speak on their computers. You have a whole keyboard. I hope you get fat lazy fingers.

-People who go to Oxegen for the piss up. Why would you spend €250 to miss all the bands and spend a weekend in the muck and not remember anything except this awesome campfire some eejit lit??

-How some people have absolutely ZERO dress sense. I'm not saying you have to be Gok Wan but I cringe when I see somebody in a pink hoodie and red trackie bottoms. And as somebody said before, crocs - what goes through peoples minds?? Oh and UGG boots. Do girls seriously not cop that they make your legs look fat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

The Cool wrote: »
    -The evolution of teenybopper text speak from saving text characters, to using them all up. When I was say 14, 15, (7-8 years ago) you'd shorten words, tweenies nowadays make the word at least twice as long. For example, we'd say "I luv u", and they say (and I have seen this written!) "ii lufff yhooo" WHAT THE ACTUAL FACK. I blame free texts. And when we're on the subject - people who use text speak on their computers. You have a whole keyboard. I hope you get fat lazy fingers.

-People who go to Oxegen for the piss up. Why would you spend €250 to miss all the bands and spend a weekend in the muck and not remember anything except this awesome campfire some eejit lit??

-How some people have absolutely ZERO dress sense. I'm not saying you have to be Gok Wan but I cringe when I see somebody in a pink hoodie and red trackie bottoms. And as somebody said before, crocs - what goes through peoples minds?? Oh and UGG boots. Do girls seriously not cop that they make your legs look fat!

At 22 or whatever, you still have a lot of living to do!....jesus...

• Advertisement

Suas11 wrote: »
    No you don't. Just because they might live on the other side of the world doesn't mean they want to hear about what I had for breakfast.

Well, with respect, that may well be your fb associates but it's not mine. This particular much maligned (in trendy circles) social network has enhanced my life recently, so I'm willing to take the fluff with the fullsome :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Posh handbags, specially the Louis Vuitton ones. Man, are they ugly.

You been lookin' at the wrong handbags gurlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Diets. Just eat less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Irish women wearing dresses with welly boots. I've even seen "dress" wellies being sported around the place, wellies that are shaped like dress shoes/boots with bows and straps on them and stuff. wtf?

Wearing pyjamas outside. One word, begins with K and sounds like cracker.

Ugg boots - Mouldy smelly things.

Those denim shorts with black tights that all the girls seem to be wearing, those shorts make your ass look huge. Also, when you wear green tights it looks like an incredible hulk costume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

It alerts others to danger and to the fact that you need help.
    maybe so if their on their own but a bunch of people hysterically screaming is only going to add fuel to the fire.

Never understood if.

Those denim shorts with black tights that all the girls seem to be wearing, those shorts make your ass look huge.

In fact you DO get why they wear them, read what you wrote again.

What i do not get is women wearing those three quarter length black leggings but not wearing anything with them above the knees, like the shorts mentioned, or a skirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What i do not get is women wearing those three quarter length black leggings but not wearing anything with them above the knees, like the shorts mentioned, or a skirt.

You're obviously not an ass man!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Isis20

Ugg boots - Mouldy smelly things.
    YES! Couldn't agree more.

smash wrote: »
    You're obviously not an ass man!

What happened to leaving stuff to the imagination?

Im no Gok Wan so i not about to lecture on fashion. Just saying they look better with something to break them up between the waist and knee.

Maybe i just dont get it, as per the theme of this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

cricket,baseball,astro physics,foot baths with them little fish in it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pantsface wrote: »
    :confused:

I like Formula 1 but have never driven a sports car?

But did you go to a motor racing school? Personally I went to a show-jumping school but am not all that fussed about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement