Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you just don't get

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't want to google.
    I'm afraid it'll make me sad.
    What is it?

Unfortunately it proves there are very sick people in this world and is not even close to what I thought it would be. Very wrong! So please don't google it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Unfortunately it proves there are very sick people in this world and is not even close to what I thought it would be. Very wrong! So please don't google it

WHY DID I GOOGLE IT!!! ugh that was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

CastorTroy wrote: »

Is it a blue waffle do not google, or a man hit by a train do not google?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Is it a blue waffle do not google, or a man hit by a train do not google?

THE WORST PARTS OF BOTH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I don't want to google.
    I'm afraid it'll make me sad.
    What is it?

Women crushing kittens to death. Not pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Women born in free democratic societies who choose to convert to Islam and enter into a marriage in which they're subservient to their husband: wearing the headscarf, walking behind him etc.*

I think in at least some cases they must have serious, Samantha Brickesque self-esteem issues.

*I know that this is not the case with all people who convert to Islam, and not all marriages between Moslems are like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Poeple going to music festivals and pretending to have a good time even though they can't hear the music, the band is ****, it's raining, full of skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

FishBowel wrote: »
    Poeple going to music festivals and pretending to have a good time even though they can't hear the music, the band is ****, it's raining, full of skangers.
    shur the fun is had in the campsite, used to go to witnness/ oxygen, i think there was one year where i didnt see any bands at all, best craic ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

people who pay to text a vote in TV talent contests , as Fry would say..."shut up and take my money!"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

People who argue in a shop over, like 2 cents change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

people, in general

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Desset (the the sweet food you sometimes eat after your dinner, not the dry thing full of sand).

Don't get me wrong i like cake, ice cream etc but i don't understand the logic of eating it right after your dinner. I mean i've just had a lovely roast dinner ... now how do i get the taste out of my mouth?! Why people why?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Hordes of Irish women on a Saturday night in the city centre, who all seem to be in a look-alike competition. Fake tan, straight hair, dresses 2 sizes too small that look like aluminium foil...and one more stupid and drunk than the next.

Women who have some proper self esteem stand out because they look better than those bimbos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

Why people rarely flash to say there is a speed van/garda car on the road up ahead any more..
    Why people just dont know how to drive properly
    and life and people in general...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

how jacobs get the fig in the fig roll?

Demonical wrote: »
    Why people rarely flash to say there is a speed van/garda car on the road up ahead any more..
    Why people just dont know how to drive properly
    and life and people in general...

Maybe they don't want to help speeders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I don't get cars, although I get shoes, hats and jackets
    I don't get sport at all, but I get dancing and music
    I don't get some peoples' ideas, but I do get that what they are saying is important to them

I don't get how I don't understand life and it's ins and outs for being human, but I do get why all of us feel that way, the last thing I don't get is how alot of people don't actually see that, and assume everyone should agree with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I think it's it kinda hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

People taking newspapers to the bathroom with them

Why??

If it's to take it handy in work and chill a bit from a stressful job I can understand it
    But people do this in their own homes too :confused:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    People taking newspapers to the bathroom with them

Why??

If it's to take it handy in work and chill a bit from a stressful job I can understand it
    But people do this in their own homes too :confused:

To help the boredom of sitting on the toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

People that need to have the latest gadgets before anyone else. Those that queue up overnight to get some new phone/laptop so they can swan around for a few days before everyone else has bought it.

So lame. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People that feel the need to post every single element of their dull and vaccuous little lives on Facebook to their 7,000 "friends".

Status Update: OMG loike I've just passed wind
    Followed by 375 loikes
    Followed by 823 comments: No focking way loike!!! OMG!!! Amazing!

Yawn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Alcohol
    It tastes horrible ,smells horrible and makes you feel like crap the next day and the buzz isn't that good either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

People who think laws/rules such as speeding, drink driving, traffic lights etc don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

pushkii wrote: »
    men

Try this
    Hordes of Irish women on a Saturday night in the city centre, who all seem to be in a look-alike competition. Fake tan, straight hair, dresses 2 sizes too small that look like aluminium foil...and one more stupid and drunk than the next.

Women who have some proper self esteem stand out because they look better than those bimbos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

People liking statuses on facebook reporting bad news, etc.

"My grandfather just died"
    Mary and 5 others like thhis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

cloud493 wrote: »
    What don't you get, Ah? Things people like, that you think.... what's going on.
    For me, to start off, foot fetishes. I don't get it. How someone can find a foot sexy.
    And, jaffa cakes. Discuss.

There's nothing like getting a footjob while eating jaffa cakes. My idea of heaven. :D

Organisations using London Calling by The Clash to promote London.

Some sample lyrics:
    London calling to the faraway towns
    Now that war is declared-and battle come down

London calling, see we ain't got no swing
    'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
    Engines stop running and the wheat is growing thin
    A nuclear error, but I have no fear
    London is drowning-and I live by the river

It's not like the music's very upbeat either.

To a lesser extent, I don't get whichever camera maker used People Take Pictures of Each Other by The Kinks for their ad (though at least it's a one-off).
    Surely someone must have researched the lyrics:
    People take pictures of the Summer,
    Just in case someone thought they had missed it,
    And to proved that it really existed.
    Fathers take pictures of the mothers,
    And the sisters take pictures of brothers,
    Just to show that they love one another.

You can't picture love that you took from me,
    When we were young and the world was free.
    Pictures of things as they used to be,
    Don't show me no more, please.

People take pictures of each other,
    Just to prove that they really existed,
    Just to prove that they really existed.
    People take pictures of each other,
    And the moment to last them for ever,
    Of the time when they mattered to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People who have to make everything a competition and tight people.

Piercings, tattoos and men wearing jewellery (other than a watch and wedding ring).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Young ones on social networking and dating sites who upload countless alluring self photos which shows off not only their considerable physical features, but also the make and model of their digital camera.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Young ones on social networking and dating sites who upload countless alluring self photos which shows off not only their considerable physical features, but also the make and model of their digital camera.
    This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Most fashion trends: particularly wearing leggings without a skirt/long top over them, leotards, tiny shorts that don't even cover your ass, Ugg boots, harem trousers with the crotch somewhere near the knee, dresses made out of silver sequins that blind everyone around you everytime they catch the light...

(For the record, I am female)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Billionaires like Warren Buffett (81) that can't be happy with what they have and retire??
    Or that Billionaire J.P McManus pay's no tax in Ireland,build's a school in Limerick and is hailed a hero.

Man-bags.

Father's day and Mother's day.

People that adore and aspire to be Kim kerdashian,Katie price and the like.

People that hate tomatoes and love tomato ketchup.

• Advertisement

Nits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

how jacobs get the fig in the fig roll?

I really don't get this question. It's ****ing simple. It's in the ****ing name. Fig ROLL.

They get a piece of fig or whatever, put it on the end of a long narrow piece of, em, roll and they roll it up. You can even see the crease on the bottom of the thing.

That question answers itself.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People who have to make everything a competition and tight people.

Yep, used to work with a girl that had to win everything on work quiz nights. It was meant to be a laugh but she always took things waaaay too seriously. She even got into a really bad mood if she lost or if someone in her 'team' let her down :p

And yes, she was tight as well.... she once got her mother's b'day present from a freebie on pigsback or whatever it is called :p (and no, she was not broke!)

Tight people that think no-one notices are the worst. Of course everyone notices. :D

Rock schools. What's the point? Everyone knows the best bands can't play or sing so why do people need to learn how to do everything right? They should call these things Session musicians school!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

cloud493 wrote: »
    Esatern european women do nothing for me :pac:

Try harder, then. Perhaps you need to brush up on your technique.

• Advertisement

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Piercings, tattoos and men wearing jewellery (other than a watch and wedding ring).

Men have been doing that since the dawn of time, maybe you're the odd one out ;)

old hippy wrote: »
    Try harder, then. Perhaps you need to brush up on your technique.

You is grumpy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LiamSevenfold

Mint flavoured cigarettes.. Lets face it people are still gunna smell fags on yer breath.

You is grumpy :D

Correct. Instead of mocking his technique, I should have just said I don't get why some people lump "Eastern Europeans" into one big generic mass :rolleyes:

old hippy wrote: »
    Correct. Instead of mocking his technique, I should have just said I don't get why some people lump "Eastern Europeans" into one big generic mass :rolleyes:

I don't really interact with them to the degree to need to be able to tell the difference bewteen them, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 damiendublin

Why so many people feel the need to spit in public? Some parts of Dublin (especially O'Connell St) are covered in disgusting saliva and phlegm. I accidently stepped on a big wet slippery one on the way to the bus stop a few days ago. Hideous!!

Why so many people, who are perfectly logical and reasonable in every other aspect of their lives, believe in a God but think the idea of intelligent life on other planets/galaxies is ridiculous?

Why so many people feel the need to spit in public?
    Cheap cure for a sore throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 damiendublin

FishBowel wrote: »
    Cheap cure for a sore throat.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    Alcohol
    It tastes horrible ,smells horrible and makes you feel like crap the next day and the buzz isn't that good either

i disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Facebook- who gives a fcuk that your tired and going to bed :eek:
    Smoking ehh , this is killing u or maybe the experts are wrong .
    Dole payments - 3.5 times that of the uk

• Advertisement
Advertisement