Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Clearance for the UK

• 19-06-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

So I've been offered a great job at a school in the UK. Since I'm a NQT
    and going straight over I've decided to forgo registering with the teaching
    council.

I need to get Garda clearance but can't be Garda vetted as it seems it is
    not carried out on an individual basis? Would a police certificate be ok to get?

Any other people had a similar situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Dave0301 wrote: »
    So I've been offered a great job at a school in the UK. Since I'm a NQT
    and going straight over I've decided to forgo registering with the teaching
    council.

I need to get Garda clearance but can't be Garda vetted as it seems it is
    not carried out on an individual basis? Would a police certificate be ok to get?

Any other people had a similar situation?

When i was there the school applied for your clearance to the police there who applied to the gardai.

the gardaiwouldn't release info to a third party at that time so it was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Dave0301

bdoo wrote: »
    When i was there the school applied for your clearance to the police there who applied to the gardai.

Thanks for the response! So forget about the police cert and ask the school to request information seems like the best option to take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Dave0301 wrote: »
    bdoo wrote: »

Thanks for the response! So forget about the police cert and ask the school to request information seems like the best option to take?

well check with them first! i was there 10years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The easiest way I think would be to register with the Teaching Council as part of that will mean you are issued a form saying what offences are against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭raytray

Just ask the school that you got the job in will they be organising the CRB check for you. My school did it for me and same with some of my friends. No need to go through Irish TC or get Irish Garda clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Pjfogar

The easiest way I think would be to register with the Teaching Council as part of that will mean you are issued a form saying what offences are against you.
    You will be issued with an enhanced CRB check which goes through the gardai aswell as the english police

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pjfogar

You will be issued with an enhanced CRB check which goes through the gardai aswell as the english police

Don't really feel like paying €90 quid and filling out the paper work
    for membership of something I won't be using!

Just thought that there were be a simpler way of getting vetted!

raytray wrote: »
    Just ask the school that you got the job in will they be organising the CRB check for you. My school did it for me and same with some of my friends. No need to go through Irish TC or get Irish Garda clearance.

Thanks, going to drop them an email explaining the situation, plus I will
    be heading over Friday week for an induction day so can suss it out more.

Advertisement