Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a nice estate for a family to rent a 3 bed house in?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

As the title says, looking to rent a 3 bed house in a nice area of Waterford. Would consider outside but very close to the city as well. Due to having a young child we'd really like a quiet estate not one with loads of parties.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

Been living in Ursuline Court for about 4/5 months now and am finding it a great place to live. Haven't seen or heard of any hassle while I have been there. Superquinn and Lydl only a minutes walk. About 15 minute walk into town. It's great having the new park next to the estate also.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Another+1 for Ursuline Court from me. I've lived there a few times and looking to move back to the area again now. Very handy for everything and nice quiet estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Oakridge in ferrybank. Fine big green for the kids but away from traffic and generally just out of the way. 2 mins from aldi, 5 mins from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

No matter where you move there will always be estates where there are parties, Due to the fact that people bought two and three houses in the boom and now have to rent them out to anybody they can get so youll always get that,

Ive lived in Carraig An Aird near the six cross roads before and it was nice, theres a creche there and seems like alot of kids running around there.

The road is being re-layed and theres a new tesco in ballybeg.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Powerscourt out by Ardkeen wouldn't be a very busy estate, its very well established and I honestly don't think I've ever seen any students in it.

It also has a nice big green space at the back suitable for kids and a nice walk which goes behind the other estates down along the river,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

kill st lawrence, lovely estate, plenty of green areas that the kids play on and nothing but families here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Lisduggan is great. Waterford shopping centre just down the road. Close to primary and secondary schools. Major bus routes into town and other parts of the city (10 minute walk into town anyways). Loads of green areas and sport clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

Meadowbank Baile na ndeise is a great place to live, tesco ballybeg just 5 mins walk away, st saviours school and creche too around the corner, the estate is full of familys,

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

No shortage of nice estates in Waterford, I live in Earls Court in the dunmore road and would not have a bad thing to say about it, lovely estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tess Tickle

ardkeen village,very quiet,close to everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Rockenham, lovely quite estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Apart from the little problem last week then I'd highly recomend hillview. Norwood is nice aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

Clover Meadow is very quiet

Advertisement