Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code Tamper Message

Options
  • 19-06-2012 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what Code Tamper message means, sometimes the alarm texts saying Code Tamper and when its unset the voice says code tamper and the time. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What panel is it?
    Code Tamper will generally show up if the wrong code is entered a number of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

KoolKid wrote: »
    What panel is it?
    Code Tamper will generally show up if the wrong code is entered a number of times.

Sorry I will have to check out what panel it is.

The wrong code has never been entered in it, the alarm was set at the time the text message came through and the alarm was going off apparently. Would it be anything to do with the Sim Card receiving messages from the likes of O2...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sorry Donal , I thought this was a message you were getting on the keypad. It could be incoming text commands. Check what's in the log.

Sorry Donal , I thought this was a message you were getting on the keypad. It could be incoming text commands. Check what's in the log.

As in check the log on the keypad? Sorry I am very untechnical with alarms as I have never had one before.

Usually when I unset it after the Code Tamper message has been received the voice just says System Unset, then Code Tamper followed by the date and time but thats all.

When you enter your code if the system is disarmed does it bring you into a user menu?

• Advertisement

When you enter your code if the system is disarmed does it bring you into a user menu?

yeah it does and I can check the recent log, such as which zones caused the alarm to go off etc..

And is there anything in that log corresponding to the Code Tampers?

And is there anything in that log corresponding to the Code Tampers?

No nothing at all, which is why I think it must be to do with the Sim card as there is no issues with the sensors or anything by the looks of it.

So you get a text saying code tamper. Is there a log for the modem?
    Do you have engineer access?

So you get a text saying code tamper. Is there a log for the modem?
    Do you have engineer access?

No log for the modem that I know of anyway, also dont have engineer access. I was wondering if there would be someway to register the sim's mobile number on line and check to see if there are texts coming in to it.

• Advertisement

You would really need engineer access to see more detail.
    You could try sending a bunch of false texts to it to see if you can recreate this.

Advertisement