Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 point linkage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

conseng wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to a product available in Ireland similar to this please.

http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229

I have never seen this exact product for sale.

You could buy the ends from somewhere like www.qtponline.com and make them up yourself.

QTP also do a quick hitch frame similar to this which might solve your problems ??

http://www.apm-supplies.co.uk/images/products/quick_hitch_a_frames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

Will grantee you will regret buying something like that and fitting it onto your tractor. Waste of money..!
    The attachment will allow too much play between the lift arm and the implement causing other issues.

If you want a Quick Release system the simplest thing to do is have your own lift arms fitted with weld on Cat2 or Cat3 ends which are available from any dealer selling Sparex products.

You will then need a Q/R Top link (or and end to fit your own T/Link) to complete the set up. As well as pull cords / cables and Q/R balls

See link to a fitting Guide
    http://v2.ir.sparex.com/PubViewer/Viewer.aspx?ReturnPage=ItemDetails&Zoom=2&ItemNumber=14010&CatCode=74000&PageName=AA14-391&SKU=S.14010#394|2

Make sure that the guy wielding these knows what he is doing e.g not a guy with a home welder in the back garden.

33049_pic1.jpg
    14010_pic1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Thanks, might see if I can get a price on them. I think there might be a problem using implements with different size tractors. My father has bother putting topper etc on the tractors but if I was to weld on cat II brackets to everything he wouldn't be able to put them on the 35x and that would never do I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

as prevously mentioned A-frame is what i'd look at if you want easy on/off.
    not sure i'd use A frame for heavy implemants like ploughs, drills. But would be good for small to moderate sized kit like toppers, fert spreaders and sprayers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

49801 wrote: »
    as prevously mentioned A-frame is what i'd look at if you want easy on/off.
    not sure i'd use A frame for heavy implemants like ploughs, drills. But would be good for small to moderate sized kit like toppers, fert spreaders and sprayers

I've A-frames on everything!
    Granted I don't have massive machinery, but it handles everything I use. Saves huge time and effort:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

PatQfarmer wrote: »
    Granted I don't have massive machinery, but it handles everything I use. Saves huge time and effort:D

Ok, for shifting bales???

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Ok, for shifting bales???

Good point:rolleyes:
    That is the only piece of kit I don't have one on!
    But that is through not fitting one due to limited usage, rather than choice.
    I put 1tonne in the fertiliser spreader without a problem.
    Jeez, must be careful what I say around here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Good point:rolleyes:
    That is the only piece of kit I don't have one on!
    But that is through not fitting one due to limited usage, rather than choice.
    I put 1tonne in the fertiliser spreader without a problem.
    Jeez, must be careful what I say around here:D

I gave a shout to the health and safety crown just there a minute ago. They will be at your place an half an hour:D

What make have you got? Did you weld them onto the implements?
    Any chance of a pic?

• Advertisement

pakalasa wrote: »
    Any chance of a pic?
    When I'm free of the full-time job and back at the part-time, I'll get a pic. :DShould be able to post one tomorrow!

Any chance of a pic?

Welded on the first few, but then changed and put fittings on the remainder so that they could be taken off the machines. Came in useful when I changed fertiliser spreader!
    Pics tomorrow.

Like to see how you did that PatQ

Headstock - Tractor end
    23464_pic1.jpg
    Implement end - normally wielded on to the implement but pat did a 'job' on his.
    The idea is you have these on all your implements and as you require to change machines i.e. yardscraper to transport box to buck rake etc you simple drop off the implement and back it under the next lift up hook on and away you go
    23465_pic1.jpg

I was going to make up my own. Plan is to use it during the winter when I constantly switch from Yard Scraper to Bale spike. My concern though is the weight of the silage bale and also I'll be pushing the bale back that bit further from the back wheels of the tractor. it's more likey to rear up on the front wheels then. Plan was to use heavy walled C-channel so it should be strong enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

I was going to make up my own. Plan is to use it during the winter when I constantly switch from Yard Scraper to Bale spike. My concern though is the weight of the silage bale and also I'll be pushing the bale back that bit further from the back wheels of the tractor. it's more likey to rear up on the front wheels then. Plan was to use heavy walled C-channel so it should be strong enough.

Those a frames are moe than strong enough for a spikeand shoving bales around.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ltrvale

I got the a frame for the tractor for the tractor for the 190 and the weld on for the implements were 75 here in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Anybody know a supplier in the mayo / sligo area?

pakalasa

I'd say that by the time you calculated all your costs you would have bought them cheaper plus you have vat invoice for your accounts etc.

Also they would have the correct angle (in the vee) as they would all be assembled/wielded on a gig, so you could interchange with another mans machine.
    The assembly has a quick release latch to un-hitch while seated on the tractor and a roller to guide while hitching up, so there is a bit of making in it. Also bare in mind you might wish to add a Implement Frame to new machine in a few years time and have a problem lining up the angle.

I think the frame would only add 4''/6'' at most to the length from the rear axle, maybe thats enough to cause the front to rise - weight frame could solve that?

conseng
    I reckon your local tractor garage can order them from Sparex. The part number on their web site is S.23464 Main Frame & S.23465 imp frame
    http://v2.ir.sparex.com/ItemDetails/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=23464&SingleResultCriteria=23464

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ltrvale

Mchugh also supply them if you type it in to Google you get a number

@ Kingston,
    I know what you are saying . The plan was to make up the tractor side first. I could use that then as a jig to clamp onto, when making the implement side. The angle would be spot on then. I don't plan to weld onto the implment either. The frame will be made to suit so that pins will hold it on. I can take them off the implment then and use the implment as normal. Bit of a scrap-heap challenge, I suppose.

• Advertisement

kingstown wrote: »
    Like to see how you did that PatQ

As requested by kingstown and pakalasa, I went a bit mad on the pics!

First is scraper, which was welded on, as I would never be trading it.

misc228.th.jpg

I can't claim to be any use with a welder. As I bought any machinery, I supplied the frame and told supplier to fit brackets to it, so that if I ever traded machine, it would be clean and easy to remove from the frame.

misc234.th.jpg
    misc233.th.jpg
    misc232.th.jpg
    misc231.th.jpg
    misc230.th.jpg
    misc229.th.jpg

Wish you well with your welding. Nothing has sheared off on me...yet:rolleyes:

PatQ

Very tasty indeed.:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos -well done!
    I like the way you progressed through from wielding the first one to having the machinery supplier adapt the frame for you so it can be easily removed.
    Certainly makes the job of changing implements easier and all round faster.

Thanks again

kingstown wrote: »
    PatQ

Very tasty indeed.:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos -well done!
    I like the way you progressed through from wielding the first one to having the machinery supplier adapt the frame for you so it can be easily removed.
    Certainly makes the job of changing implements easier and all round faster.

Thanks again

No probs.
    As a part-time farmer, who does most of the jobs on-farm alone (with helpful kids:D) the A-frame is invaluable. Saves time, jumping up and down into the tractor and bruised knuckles:)
    Still got to work out the pics properly. Can't seem to get them full size...

Ya, thanks for that PQ.
    It saves the back big time too, I'd imagine. Can you remember what you paid for them?

Ya, thanks for that PQ.
    It saves the back big time too, I'd imagine. Can you remember what you paid for them?

About 10 yrs ago, paid €150ish for tractor frame, about €60 for implement frames. Changed spinner this year and they adjusted an existing frame, so money saved:D Best investment ever on-farm, imo.

Advertisement