Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver - The O2, Dublin - 12th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sporina wrote: »
    huh? sorry i have never been to a gig in the 02 so not familiar with the blueroom thing? So what, there is a chance that all tickets could in fact be sold out for a gig, before they even go on sale.. like with ticketmaster?
    no, O2 will get an allocation of tickets for their presale, not sure how many, but definitely less than half. at a complete guess i'd say 10-15% but i've no idea really. it probably varies by gig. there'll be a lot more tickets onsale Friday than yesterday anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amd82

I think this gig will deffo sell out...and pretty much straightaway...got two seated tickets today in the presale but my friend tried to get some and there seem to b no more available...wonder what percentage of tix are allocated for presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Where are you buying them? I was just offered great tickets in Section D. They were so great that I decided I can probably hold off until nearer the time to buy tickets as I don't really have that money to spare right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just tried to buy 2 tickets there and am being offered ground floor standing tickets..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Try about 2 weeks before the concert, Jeff (other alt/indie mod) got front row tickets for the grand canal show last time about 2 weeks before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Saw the band at Grand Canal Theatre - just didn't stand out to me in comparison to the other gigs I went to (in fairness, was at Lisa Hannigan + James Vincent in the Button Factory, Snow Patrol at Shepherd's Bush and saw Bell X1 in the smoking area of O'Donoghues).

The whole thing just seemed as if they were going through the motions, felt whatever energy from the band I had expected just didn't translate to the audience (well, at least, me). Was generally underwhelmed - and this is coming from someone who listened to Bon Iver since 2008, I think the O2 could either be absolutely outstanding or just plain meh. However, taking into account that they prob won't change much from the Grand Canal gig, I don't see it being the latter.

Oddly enough, kind of think if they did play (they're not) EP, it would suit an outdoor venue much better. Just my 50c.

hada wrote: »
    Saw the band at Grand Canal Theatre - just didn't stand out to me in comparison to the other gigs I went to (in fairness, was at Lisa Hannigan + James Vincent in the Button Factory, Snow Patrol at Shepherd's Bush and saw Bell X1 in the smoking area of O'Donoghues).

The whole thing just seemed as if they were going through the motions, felt whatever energy from the band I had expected just didn't translate to the audience (well, at least, me). Was generally underwhelmed - and this is coming from someone who listened to Bon Iver since 2008, I think the O2 could either be absolutely outstanding or just plain meh. However, taking into account that they prob won't change much from the Grand Canal gig, I don't see it being the latter.

Oddly enough, kind of think if they did play (they're not) EP, it would suit an outdoor venue much better. Just my 50c.

Thought the GCS was brilliant myself. Delighted he changed it up to a high energy show. Thought the songs from the second album were fantastic. And Colin Stetson was a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

What is the story with getting tickets for the 02 or gigs in general..?

When i looked for tickets, there were no standing available.. I got tickets for block B row 23 at about 9 and then i checked for tickets on line (just for fun) at about 10.30 and there were standing tickets available??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Got presales for this last Wednesday. Wasn't hanging about like i did for last years GC show. Still gutted i missed that. Think they're in 'F' which i thought were decent for presale (usually get ones up in the dots with presale)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Hope they're doing "Living On A Prayer" and "Wanted Dead Or Alive". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 flip69

was at grand canal show was top class

also got standing tru boniver.org/tour might help some people

is this gig selling out or does anyone know what the story is with the ticket sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fatedtopretend

Just checked and it isn't sold out. However it's giving seats at Block P and further back - which by the looks of the seating plan, aren't the best.

Hard to image Bon Iver at the o2. The Olympia would be perfect.

yeah i saw that on ticket master too.

I got two tickets for block B - whats that like? Never been to the o2. Been waiting for the right gig; as much as I would like to see Bon, I am not thinking twice about the 02 gig. Might sell the tickets - we will see closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Seen him many times now..Didn't buy any for the O2 though. Just doesn't appeal to me, I'm sure he'll be wonderful. No new album as well so seen him play on last two albums so that kinda turned me off as well. I think he suits those intimate gigs better, but he had to crack it big time eventually. :)

so are we all excited people? does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for this etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

so are we all excited people? does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for this etc?

Yea can't wait now. get there early to see the staves, they're great!

so if it does not sell out and there are seats empty, can they cordon off the empty row's or ??

• Advertisement

so if it does not sell out and there are seats empty, can they cordon off the empty row's or ??

It's sold out for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I dont think its sold out. Its almost full but I went on to ticketmaster today just out of curiosity and was able to get seats in the back row.

its not sold out - and there seems to be plenty of seats available.
    I checked there and was offered seats in block H; and someone else said that they were offered seats in block P earlier.

The seating allocation's seem to be random on the ticketmaster website. This happened me when i initially purchased the tickets. My mate bought the tickets - got block B and when I went on later, there were standing tickets available!! We would have go them at first had they been available.
    Not sure how their ticket sales work.

Must have come back on, i've checked a few times for tickets for friends and always got the none available message. Must check again. Cheers.

did you really think he could sell out the o2?

did you really think he could sell out the o2?

Your mistake is thinking that this is a full capactiy O2. It's not. There are more seated tickets than at a regular O2 gig.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Your mistake is thinking that this is a full capactiy O2. It's not. There are more seated tickets than at a regular O2 gig.

either way, its not sold out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hi,

I'm going to the gig with a few friends and have my ticket already. I was thinking of buying my sister a ticket for her birthday which is the same day. If I were to buy her one what are the chances that she would be able to sit beside us?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Hi,

I'm going to the gig with a few friends and have my ticket already. I was thinking of buying my sister a ticket for her birthday which is the same day. If I were to buy her one what are the chances that she would be able to sit beside us?

You can only sit in the seat that you have purchased and not move between the blocksto get a better position or to sit with friends.If its not sold out and there are empty rows at the back ,ask a seating supervisor if its ok to move back into them with a smile ,that normally works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

argentum wrote: »
    You can only sit in the seat that you have purchased and not move between the blocksto get a better position or to sit with friends.If its not sold out and there are empty rows at the back ,ask a seating supervisor if its ok to move back into them with a smile ,that normally works
    I really would not count on this though.

Advertisement