Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver - The O2, Dublin - 12th November

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I took it as meaning it was the last time the current lineup of the band would be playing together. It was their last gig, but not necessarily the last Bon Iver gig?

Have to echo comments about the sound, for quite a few of the songs the lower frequencies were overpowering. Apart from that it was an unreal gig, really wasn't expecting anything like those encores! Talk about a crescendo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Bon Iver really is just Justin. Just like Bright eyes is just Conor Oberst.

The people you saw in Dublin are certainly not all part of the band. They are just touring members.

Justin writes all the songs arrangements etc . So to be honest the fact that this touring band is no longer together doesnt mean Bon Iver is over by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

Bon Iver really is just Justin. Just like Bright eyes is just Conor Oberst.

The people you saw in Dublin are certainly not all part of the band. They are just touring members.

Justin writes all the songs arrangements etc . So to be honest the fact that this touring band is no longer together doesnt mean Bon Iver is over by any means.

yeah i have to agree..

also - wiki is even up to speed on this..

check out the history bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I am imagining that this current "line up" or touring band of Bon Iver is at an end. I suppose it depends on how he wants to record his next album, but he's still going to have to try and play stuff from self titled live.....
    Still, you see him a few years back, and sometimes there are 3 in the band, sometimes 4, sometimes more, sometimes he plays piano where it's a guitar on record etc (myspace transmissions for example)
    I think he has the potential to be like Radiohead or Sigur Ros by the time he gets to his 4th or 5th album. He has a very unique sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

seachto7 wrote: »
    I am imagining that this current "line up" or touring band of Bon Iver is at an end. I suppose it depends on how he wants to record his next album, but he's still going to have to try and play stuff from self titled live.....
    Still, you see him a few years back, and sometimes there are 3 in the band, sometimes 4, sometimes more, sometimes he plays piano where it's a guitar on record etc (myspace transmissions for example)
    I think he has the potential to be like Radiohead or Sigur Ros by the time he gets to his 4th or 5th album. He has a very unique sound.

yeah there were elements of the gig last night that reminded me of Sigur Ros..

PS - the sound was great from where I was - Block B - but I do think that in places, the drums drowned out the other instruments a bit too much,.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Blood bank and Creature Fear.

Not splitting up, just taking a break. Might be a new line up but i'd expect him to keep some of the musicians for future albums, seeing them last night you can see what great chemistry they have together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I would imagine he'll be keeping at least Rob Moose the fiddle player, and the original drummer.......

Advertisement