Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost post in Kerry/Cork

Options
  • 19-06-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone else had issues with post going missing between Kerry and Cork? I was posted a cheque which was intercepted and cashed. Cheque had been left blank in name line. The cheque had been put into a card so wouldnt have been clearly seen inside the envelope.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

unfortunately the rule about no blank cheques and no cash holds. However surely they can trace where the cheque went as it has to be cashed into a bank account. I think the bank and guards should be informed. Also note the cheque can be cancelled and the benefitiary may suffer if its found that the cheque was stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

+1 on that.

And who the heck sends a cheque without the payee filled in or the cheque crossed A/C Payee Only? Hard to credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Orchard123

Bank of Ireland will reimburse cheque. Apparently there had been a number of cases occurring of this in the region in the past week. No comment about the sender leaving the cheque blank-I'm sure they've learned their lesson!

Advertisement