Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing throttle cables Q?.

• 19-06-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Well the throttle cable broke on the M50 yesterday morning, royal pain in the ass losing power at 120kph and trying to filter onto the hard shoulder!.

Anyway, I've to order the parts from Cradleys Kawasaki (UK), since it coincides with a service I'm trying to cut down on costs so would any of you lads know if I can replace the opening cable only?, ie would I notice a difference in tension between opening and closing the throttle (it would annoy me).

Tried ordering from Bikeworld, as usually they're incredibly hard to contact via phone or email. By chance I got through on the phone ~ first time in years, I was promised a prompt reply by lunch time and of course I was let down, so now I've missed shipping from the UK and off the road until Thursday or Friday, F*#k you BW :mad: ~ awful service as usual.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Yes, should be no problem with tension because that's provided by return springs at carb\throttle body.
    But check the close cable for wear or fraying while you're in there. Disconnect the cable and ensure it moves freely in the casing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yes, should be no problem with tension because that's provided by return springs at carb\throttle body.
    But check the close cable for wear or fraying while you're in there. Disconnect the cable and ensure it moves freely in the casing.

Thanks, but while I had everything off I just ordered both cables.

A bit more expensive but the bike is twenty years old so its probably not a bad thing to replace 'em both.

Just have to wait for a delivery now, ordered from them from Cradleys in the UK.

It annoys me that once again due to P*ss poor service from Bikeworld that I'm ordering from the UK again, but anyway everything is one the way now ~ but I'm stuck in the car for the rest of the week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

How did you get your bike off the M50? Did you walk it, get it on a trailer/van? Its one of the 1000 questions that I think about, if it happened me:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How did you get your bike off the M50? Did you walk it, get it on a trailer/van? Its one of the 1000 questions that I think about, if it happened me:confused:

I'm blessed that I have a mate (and biker) with a van.

But even in the meantime the motorway breakdown guys (not sure of their official title) offered to tow it free of charge from the motorway but I was less than a few minutes from the mates house so I declined the kind offer.

Breaking the cable was a blessing in disguise really. I'd been putting off a few little jobs because the bike is in daily use and running fine, now I've got stuck into those jobs (costing a few quid) and giving it a detailed cleaning awhile she's laid up :pac:

Advertisement