Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi or Lidl alternative to Philadelphia cream cheese

• 19-06-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheaper alternative from Lidl or aldi for cream cheese whats it called and what colour is the packaging...making cheese cake tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Not sure about Lidl or Aldi but I use the Tesco brand in my cheesecakes (and pate's) and it's lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Yeah thyre fine, but get the full fat ones. Helps the cheesecake set better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Thanks for that yes got it adli today went for the full fat as recommended Ta!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Make sure to read the ingredients carefully, I am guessing some brands might not state they are flavoured on the front but could have small amounts of stuff like garlic in them.

Like hellmans mayo has mustard & paprika in it which some might not expect to be in mayonnaise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have used it but only in frosting dogs cakes have you tried Mascarpone, the cheapest one I've found is in Dunnes I think it's €1.56 ish a pack not sure if that's cheaper than regular philly but it's so yum for cheesecakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement