Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand - What to Pack?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm off to Thailand next week for a month, travelling south and taking in all the islands before flying to Chang Mai and Laos for a week.
    Just wondering what I should bring? Clothes are supposed to be dirt cheap but should I bring any medicines or anything like that with me?
    I hear that a dose of the trots is almost going to be inevitable so I've the Imodium's packed for that!
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

gavmurf89 wrote: »
    I'm off to Thailand next week for a month, travelling south and taking in all the islands before flying to Chang Mai and Laos for a week.
    Just wondering what I should bring? Clothes are supposed to be dirt cheap but should I bring any medicines or anything like that with me?
    I hear that a dose of the trots is almost going to be inevitable so I've the Imodium's packed for that!
    Thanks

Clothes are cheap, but quite often so is the quality, it is a warm hot tropical country so pack light wash and wear clothes, pack a trousers and shirt to look respectable also. If you take any prescription meds on a daily basis regularly then bring some with you but you will be able to get most medications in Thailand without hassle and prescription in most cases only walk into a chemist. (Don't buy any medications from street hawkers) Diarrhea happens! :o but if you are sensible in what you eat you will be ok, I have been to Thailand twice in the last 18months (2 x 3 week trips) and got the runs only once on each occasion which is probably better than I even manage at home. Diarrhea medication is easily got over there if you do get the delhi belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Hey,

I'm also heading to SEA in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the following:

-What's the easiest way to get from the airport in Bangkok to Khao San Road?

-I'm considering booking accom at D&D Inn on Khao San Road, anyone stay here before and have any opinions or advice?

-Should I bring a mosquito net or can I buy one over there? (I plan on travelling to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam along with Thailand)

-What's the best way of getting from Vientiane to Phnom Penh? If I was to fly, the only airlines that appear to service this route seem to be Laos or Vietnam airlines - what are these like, dodgy / suicide project?

Thanks in advance for any info peops ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

Answers to your questins JayC5

Taxi

D&D is supposed to be nice however Khao san Road is a lot to take in and is expensive, I would stay on Rambuttri Road next to Khao San instead.

No need for mosquito net.

Iv flown with both airlines, still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Clothes are cheap but I would bring stuff with you as depending on your size it may be very difficult to get clothes to fit.

My BF tried to get a pair of swimming shorts in Chiang Mai, had to change them 4 times as they were too small. He has a 30-32in waist and had to get an XXXL to fit. Hes not even big and it was a struggle.

Advertisement