Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow man James Nolan MISSING in Poland since Saturday

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Not sure if it is true but I was told that other people this year have drowned in that river. I can't back up the info but if it's true, there really should of been something done with it to try prevent this. Specially with that amount of people around the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Saw the river on the news last night. Easy to see how someone could fall, no railings or anything.
    shizz wrote: »
    Not sure if it is true but I was told that other people this year have drowned in that river. I can't back up the info but if it's true, there really should of been something done with it to try prevent this.
    People should be aware of the danger that goes with the water. I do feel sorry for three people whose lives were taken by the river there but I would not be seeking fault at local government who should have had the area fool-proofed. If you're adult enough to consume vodka you're adult enough to take responsibility for your life.

I could have ended my life being 21, on a trip away to Estonia with group of friends, heavy vodka drinking (and I mean HEAVY) and then getting on a motorboat with our pissed Estonian host, just two of us, to catch some fish on midnight(!)
    Only thing I recollect was getting on the boat, all wet with salt on me lips and waves rocking. Can't tell how long the trip took, have we caught any fish? Woke up in the tent next morning happy I am still alive after realising how stupid it was to get on the boat pissed in the first place.
    This is how lucky I was being 21. If the boat was to collapse, steered by the drunk Estonian, there would be no-one to rescue us in the middle of the sea.
    On the other hand being pissed and drowning wouldn't hurt much.

I had the time of my life there and then. Wasn't much thinking of consequences. Definitely was not thinking of how much would it hurt my family if they were to recover my remains. I acted stupid yet fuelled by alcohol.

RIP James

On the side note: Dublin Canals have no railings either.
    http://goo.gl/maps/62IJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Rest in Peace, James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Lost a good friend of mine back in January, great athlete for Ireland and only 20 years of age. Reading through the papers yesterday and came across a 13 year old GAA player that died of an asthma attack. Now this. It's all so sad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

R.I.P. James.

Unfortunately the Title of this Thread is no longer active per se with all due respect, and is different to the outcome. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Very nice tribute by Robbie Keane

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Very nice tribute by Robbie Keane

Oh my days what did he do to his hair?

Advertisement