Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom refusing to activate line?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi bgm13,

Have checked the details as per the PM you sent to Ant. I can't find the exact address here on our system but have located it on the map using the Daft advert. I'm going to PM you a link to what I found so you can confirm. As mentioned above though, if you're definitely going with another provider that company will have to do this for you. Eircom don't "block" the provision of a line, and if the other company has cited that as the reason they are completely in the wrong. Both landline and broadband activation are subject to a 12 month contract so if we activate the line and then you move to the other provider it would result in early cease charges.

The fact is that there is a signal getting from the exchange to the house. This means that there should be no 'physical' work required to activate this. It also indicates that a line was active there before so if you could get either the previous phone number at the address or the landline number of your nearest neighbour I should be able to locate it through that. Solair have already given some really good information in that the company you're going with will need to process everything relating to the account. The process is that you contact them, they will in turn make a request to eircom wholesale (separate to eircom retail) and they will activate the line. Address from and old utility bill may help me locate it more accurately.

We have no problem in trying to help you to locate the address but if we go ahead and place an order it would be an automatic 12 month contract. Not sure what process Mance Rayder was going through but there is no way that we can "cave" and provide service without a contract. Check your PM's for the map link I have sent and let me know if we're in the right area.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭bgm13

Hi bgm13,

Have checked the details as per the PM you sent to Ant. I can't find the exact address here on our system but have located it on the map using the Daft advert. I'm going to PM you a link to what I found so you can confirm. As mentioned above though, if you're definitely going with another provider that company will have to do this for you. Eircom don't "block" the provision of a line, and if the other company has cited that as the reason they are completely in the wrong. Both landline and broadband activation are subject to a 12 month contract so if we activate the line and then you move to the other provider it would result in early cease charges.

The fact is that there is a signal getting from the exchange to the house. This means that there should be no 'physical' work required to activate this. It also indicates that a line was active there before so if you could get either the previous phone number at the address or the landline number of your nearest neighbour I should be able to locate it through that. Solair have already given some really good information in that the company you're going with will need to process everything relating to the account. The process is that you contact them, they will in turn make a request to eircom wholesale (separate to eircom retail) and they will activate the line. Address from and old utility bill may help me locate it more accurately.

We have no problem in trying to help you to locate the address but if we go ahead and place an order it would be an automatic 12 month contract. Not sure what process Mance Rayder was going through but there is no way that we can "cave" and provide service without a contract. Check your PM's for the map link I have sent and let me know if we're in the right area.

Regards

James

Hi James,

No PM as of yet.

If you check the PM to Ant it has the number provided to us by the landlord.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

bgm13 wrote: »
    Hi James,

No PM as of yet.

If you check the PM to Ant it has the number provided to us by the landlord.

Ben

Sorry about that, forgot to send it after posting. Done now.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

This is exactly why Ireland needs postcodes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Solair wrote: »
    This is exactly why Ireland needs postcodes :D

We kind of do have them, though not one offical one
    http://www.myloc8ion.com/
    http://www.gocode.ie/
    http://www.geodirectory.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭thirty-six dragons