Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Advice UCD and DCU

Options
  • 19-06-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys,
    How are things.
    Am very likely to be starting in UCD Belfield area this september and my sister will probably be going to DCU.
    Do u think it would be reasonable for us to live at the same accomodation in Dublin?
    I will be driving while up there but she wont.
    If u know any place that would be a reasonable distance from both would really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

You could live in the same place without a problem, but you'd be best leaving an hour travelling time to get to each (esp in the mornings). The city centre is basically the centre point between both places. Use google maps to take a look at the route between the two and it will give you an idea.
    If you plan on driving to Belfield, just keep in mind that parking is pretty bad and you would need to add parking time in addition to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highcream

Really?
    An hour from the city centre to UCD.Was under the impression it was half that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Don't know what it would be like heading towards DCU, but I usually get the bus from Heuston station and it has taken up to 50 mins to be there for 9am lectures. You might find a better route with a car, but that would all depend on where you get your accommodation and what side of the river you would live on. I did a run to UCD one Saturday before I started and it took 20 mins, so you can see how it can add up.

Parking is pretty bad at UCD and judging from the complains of other students, you would need plenty of time to find a place and a good deal of luck. A few I know choose to park outside the grounds and walk in (10 mins or so) or arrive with plenty of time to spare.
    DCU is sharing similar routes as the airport (if I remember rightly) so its something you would have to consider.

Advertisement