Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work in AirPort

• 19-06-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys ...
    I would like to work in AirPort , but i have no idea where to start to work there ... The Point is that i would like to work as a security guy who is checking everyone on the gates (as usual ) . So i'm not sure if this is AirPort Police or any think like that . So if anybody has any info where should i go , etc please say it .

Regards Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Luke_O

[bump]

anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I guess go to daa.ie and search for Vacancies. That might lead you to something.

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I guess go to daa.ie and search for Vacancies. That might lead you to something.

"
    The application deadline for the DAA's 2011 Graduate Programme has closed.

"

nothing more ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

Hi Luke,

The role you described seems to be that of the Passeneger Security Screening.

Their primary role is to check boarding cards and screen passengers & staff including their person & baggage etc.. to prevent prohibited items such as Knives,Firearms & Explosive being carried abroad A/C.

It is important that you are customer service motivated as it is primarily based around the delivery of this to the customer and not just the role of a general security guard.

DAA in T2 have in the past recruited new staff through flexsource.ie I believe. You start off on around €12 an hour and role is shift based. Training must passed to undertake the role. You must also not be colour blind as the role requires you detect different changes in context and colours etc..

The above role is now completely separate to that of what the Airport Police Fire Service are mandated to deliver to the Irish state airports. Prior to 2001 the role of security screening was provided by the APFS along with policing duties but this has long since been separated. Recruitment into the Airport Police was recently discussed here..

I hope this information helps.

An Udaras wrote: »
    Hi Luke,

The role you described seems to be that of the Passeneger Security Screening.

Their primary role is to check boarding cards and screen passengers & staff including their person & baggage etc.. to prevent prohibited items such as Knives,Firearms & Explosive being carried abroad A/C.

It is important that you are customer service motivated as it is primarily based around the delivery of this to the customer and not just the role of a general security guard.

DAA in T2 have in the past recruited new staff through flexsource.ie I believe. You start off on around €12 an hour and role is shift based. Training must passed to undertake the role. You must also not be colour blind as the role requires you detect different changes in context and colours etc..

The above role is now completely separate to that of what the Airport Police Fire Service are mandated to deliver to the Irish state airports. Prior to 2001 the role of security screening was provided by the APFS along with policing duties but this has long since been separated. Recruitment into the Airport Police was recently discussed here..

I hope this information helps.

Thank you very much ...

Do you know maybe is there any collage or courses like (FAS courses ) to be a Passenger Security ? Or they are training people after they recruit someone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

All relevant training is provided by Airport etc...

Only course that may help is is a FETAC or a similar certificate in security studies. These types of course usually include a module in Customer Service etc..

Being involved in team sports/volunteering etc..is also beneficial as it shows you have experience working as part of a team.

Can I ask are you finished school/college and is it Dublin Airport you wish to work in?

I finish leaving cert and i didn't go anywhere cuz i would like to work in air port. Iv been working etc. and now i would like to some think with my feature ...

Advertisement