Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Rafter' Dempsey's

Options
  • 19-06-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Is this place any good? staying there for couple nights next month

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mtjm wrote: »

Friend of mine stays there for the cat laughs every year and says it's grand. It's central but they do take in a few stag and hens.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

yeah its grand, not going to blow your mind but nice pub, nice staff and food / pints are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Never stayed there, but heard its only ok. Basic enough, just a place to catch a few hours sleep. I don't like the place tbh. Haven't been in there in a while but found the food average enough. The lad behind the bar one night we were there was a right grumpy b*******.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

pub ok. rooms basic.. usually full of hens etc... very central. packs 6 to a room etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

1984baby wrote: »
    The lad behind the bar one night we were there was a right grumpy b*******.

Did you take your business elsewhere!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Sky King wrote: »
    Did you take your business elsewhere!?

Yeah, we left after one drink. Haven't been back there since. Bout 10 of us there that night aswell. Ah well, their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

good food, pleasant staff, central location what more could u ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Wouldn't be going there again! Toilet in wrong position so when I sat down my knees was at the walls barely move around, leaking in ceiling and was charged different prices to what I was told on phone

Advertisement