Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator

Options
  • 19-06-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to get a second Radiator fitted in my sitting room (we live in a 3 bed semi detached house in Charlesland)
    We find the room very cold in the winter as the only radiator in the room is on the far wall and not under the window, which is considered the best place.
    Also we do not use the gas fire in the room, found it pretty useless and it gives off a very strange smell now.
    Has anyone else done this? and has it helped?
    Also anyone know someone locally who might do this job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

If you are not using the gas fire anymore block up the lower vent on the front wall as it lets in the cold by been sucked up the stairwell freezing in winter.
    If you PM me i will discuss the radiator with you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Two Boys wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking to get a second Radiator fitted in my sitting room (we live in a 3 bed semi detached house in Charlesland)
    We find the room very cold in the winter as the only radiator in the room is on the far wall and not under the window, which is considered the best place.
    Also we do not use the gas fire in the room, found it pretty useless and it gives off a very strange smell now.
    Has anyone else done this? and has it helped?
    Also anyone know someone locally who might do this job?
    there has been a lot of advise on here against using the gas fires at all.rumours of them being faulty etc...to err on the side of caution we dont ever use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mr Diamond

Dunno if this is of use, but we had a problem with finding a decent place for our radiator. It WAS under a window (the idea that this is the best location seems to be debatable) and we wanted that space for a sofa.

So we splashed out and got a vertical radiator put up to the side between the door and the sofa instead - it was a space we weren't using and I have to say it's brilliant. Looks cool and keeps us warm. ;)
    Its not something a lot of people consider. With space a premium, a big chunk of useable space in the room often gets wasted by the rad.

(Plumber didn't have any problem installing it either.)

Worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

Mr Diamond wrote: »
    Dunno if this is of use, but we had a problem with finding a decent place for our radiator. It WAS under a window (the idea that this is the best location seems to be debatable) and we wanted that space for a sofa.

So we splashed out and got a vertical radiator put up to the side between the door and the sofa instead - it was a space we weren't using and I have to say it's brilliant. Looks cool and keeps us warm. ;)
    Its not something a lot of people consider. With space a premium, a big chunk of useable space in the room often gets wasted by the rad.

(Plumber didn't have any problem installing it either.)

Worth considering.

pictures or it didn't happen

tp25 wrote: »
    pictures or it didn't happen

Ok... bit odd to be called out like that. It's not like its SO unusual that I'd make a wild claim about it, but happy to oblige.

Happy?

rad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

Mr Diamond wrote: »
    Ok... bit odd to be called out like that. It's not like its SO unusual that I'd make a wild claim about it, but happy to oblige.

Happy?

rad.jpg

Yes ! This explains everything - good idea!

tp25 wrote: »
    Yes ! This explains everything - good idea!

Glad to hear it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

That vertical rad looks FAB Mr. Diamond! Had to comment! : )

Advertisement