Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale of old Junior cert Books.

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I thought this would be a suitable place to post this. Basically Im trying to sell my junior cert book off as I am finished with them as was wondering does anyone know a good place to sell them?
    Ive tried adverts and donedeal but have got little or no replies.
    Thanks

Btw mods: I hope I am not seen as promoting myself, I am simply trying to gain advice on how to go about selling them

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try an ad in the back of a supermarket.
    It's possible nobody will want them. Depends on their condition, whether the course has changed, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

spurious wrote: »
    Try an ad in the back of a supermarket.
    It's possible nobody will want them. Depends on their condition, whether the course has changed, etc..

Hadn't thought of that, Thanks! Most if not all of them are still in use I think as well so I must give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

A place called Budget Books in Clontarf bought the majority of mine, some of them were in awful condition but I got a reasonable price and all. My friend told me about them, she got their number off her brother in primary school's book list. 8335839 They even came down to me so we didn't have to go looking for them, definitely recommend it.

There's also a place in Talbot Street that buys school books but I can't remember the name of it. Will be bringing the remainder of my books in on the weekend. I was dying to get rid of my books but throwing them out seemed such a waste!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bigbang.

There's actually a lot of places that have bought my schoolbooks from other years -
    The Wise Owl in Superquinn, Ballinteer buys schoolbooks so I'm assuming the one in Stillorgan does also.
    Theres also Sheerans (also known as Dundrum Stationery) . This is right beside the Dundrum luas bridge, has a giant sign saying 'schoolbooks' in the window. You have to go upstairs to sell them.
    From my experience, The Wise Owl pays better for them yet won't take books in very bad condition. Sheerans will take them in much worse condition.
    Overall, I'm assuming that any small, second hand bookstores will take them. :)
    Hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

Thanks for the advice guys! However the offers on Adverts have started to pick up. I have sold a good few, but There are a few books that nobody seems to want so I will try the shops mentioned in the posts above.
    Thanks everyone for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement