Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife on a Tuesday

• 19-06-2012 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey guys just looking for some insight on the nightlife in Limerick on a Tuesday night i know its pretty hectic down there on college nights but what will tuesday nights be like now that college is over and where are the best places to go???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Depends what your after! If you want to go to a club then I'd head to Smyths then Icon, don't think angel lane will be open! Its not a bad place and there always seems to be a fair crowd there!

If your after a pub/late bar then Mollies or Nancys should have a few around! I'd pick Nancys over Mollies anyday, can't stand Mollies!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Mollys is empty every night as the students are all gone. Nancy's is gone very quiet and it will be fairly quiet as its not a Late Bar on a Tuesday night but they do push out illegally until 12.30 or so.
    Your best bet is either Burkes or Mickeys as they will have a fairly good buzz. Mickeys may be a late bar soon too I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Sully777 wrote: »
    Mollys is empty every night as the students are all gone. Nancy's is gone very quiet and it will be fairly quiet as its not a Late Bar on a Tuesday night but they do push out illegally until 12.30 or so.
    Your best bet is either Burkes or Mickeys as they will have a fairly good buzz. Mickeys may be a late bar soon too I heard.

Goes to show how long it is since I've been out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Nancy's has not gone quiet, Mickeys and Burkes won't have any buzz on a tuesday wherever you got that idea from :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Roadend wrote: »
    Nancy's has not gone quiet, Mickeys and Burkes won't have any buzz on a tuesday wherever you got that idea from :confused:

I drink in all 3 of them. One week night last week at 10.30pm Burkes had up on 50 people in there with music. Mickeys had a similar crowd with most outside into lane. Nancy's is still relatively busy but it's all late with people like myself leaving Burkes and Mickeys half pissed. It's a lot quieter in there at 10pm on a week night that the other places I mentioned and as it does not have a late bar on a Tuesday and it is quieter but don't take my word for it- ask Keith or Tom. Everywhere is quieter now. The original question was concerning a Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jsd1004

I drink in all 3 of them. One week night last week at 10.30pm Burkes had up on 50 people in there with music. Mickeys had a similar crowd with most outside into lane. Nancy's is still relatively busy but it's all late with people like myself leaving Burkes and Mickeys half pissed. It's a lot quieter in there at 10pm on a week night that the other places I mentioned and as it does not have a late bar on a Tuesday and it is quieter but don't take my word for it- ask Keith or Tom. Everywhere is quieter now. The original question was concerning a Tuesday night.

True nothing happens in nancys until after 11pm..even at the weekends. Pretty dead up to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nancy's, theres a place I haven't been in a long time. Place still busy on weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Roadend wrote: »

Bourkes on a Tuesday is always busy. A band called Groove Junction play there, they always pull a crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Is it not Conor J Ryan that plays there on a Tuesday night or is that them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

There's an open mic night in the Wicked Chicken on a Tuesday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement