Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with my new ps3

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I recently bought a brand new slim ps3...I also have a 32" Samsung HDTV..I connected the ps3 to the tv using the 3 cables( the red white and yellow cable) I then connected them into the scarth lead head I got with the ps3 and connected it to the tv..my problem is that the gameplay graphics are poor..it looks foggy and they just are carp..I know I have no hdmi cable but they should be better then that...I was just asking did any of ye have this problemor does anyone know a solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

I have a Samsung 37" tv and ps3 looks foggy and carp via scart on my set-up also although this may be just in comparison to HDMI. Best bet would be to go HDMI I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thomas1891

I thought it should still be good qualify...Wat setting do u use on the tv if u connect the 3 colour cable on there own

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

thomas1891 wrote: »
    I recently bought a brand new slim ps3...I also have a 32" Samsung HDTV..I connected the ps3 to the tv using the 3 cables( the red white and yellow cable) I then connected them into the scarth lead head I got with the ps3 and connected it to the tv..my problem is that the gameplay graphics are poor..it looks foggy and they just are carp..I know I have no hdmi cable but they should be better then that...I was just asking did any of ye have this problemor does anyone know a solution

You just spent +E200 on a console, with a HDTV.
    Spend an extra fiver on an HDMI and get the best out of it.

I will buy one but I won't be near an electrical shop for a few days and I just want to play it during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

In the meantime, try connecting the three cables directly into the TV, minus the SCART connection. There should be corresponding ports on the TV for them.

It will not improve the resolution but may help some of the 'fogginess'.

• Advertisement

I can do that but can't find the channel it on on my tv

I will buy one but I won't be near an electrical shop for a few days and I just want to play it during the week

Best value ones I've found have been in the like of xtravision to be honest.

About what price are u talking about...and it gives a perfect picture then does it

A tenner iirc. Yeah great pic wiv hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I find it very difficult to play a PS3 using anything other than HDMI. The picture looks very PS2 otherwise.

You don't need an expensive cable. A very cheap one will do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

As its a digital signal, do NOT get roped into getting an expensive cable. A fiver one from Amazon will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

my problem is that the gameplay graphics are poor..it looks foggy and they just are carp..I know I have no hdmi cable but they should be better then that...
    I have a Samsung 37" tv and ps3 looks foggy and carp via scart on my set-up also although this may be just in comparison to HDMI. Best bet would be to go HDMI I reckon.

Something fishy about you lads!!

Advertisement