Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retired person seeks broadband...... how much?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

how much per month is broadband for a retired person? i believe the line rental is free,so how much for the cheapest package per month?already have a landline by the way.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

normal package price minus €25 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

Im with Vodafone which is 16.99 a month although the advertise it for 19.99 a month.. I dont download anything so was put on a cheaper rate..

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

thanks guys,retiree is already an eircom customer so was seeking the cheapest broadband package they offer.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi,

how much per month is broadband for a retired person? i believe the line rental is free,so how much for the cheapest package per month?already have a landline by the way.

thanks

Hi BRAIN FEEDs,

The allowance given by the DSP is €22.22 and eircom then top that up by €5.42 to give a total discount of €27.64. If you minus this from any of the packages listed on our website here it will give your monthly total. The absolute cheapest package is €40 (for first 6 months, €5 extra thereafter) so for you it would work out at €12.36 per month increasing to €17.36 after the six month promo. I hope this gives you some idea of what to expect but if you'd like someone to talk you through it and weigh up your options you can also call sales directly on freephone 1800 503 303. Mention at the start of the call that you get the rental allowance and they will check the address for availability and then recommend some packages based on that. If you have anything else you need info on we'll also be happy to help you here.

Regards

James

Advertisement