Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place to Buy Beer or Cider?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Looking for any deals on cans of beer or cider. A few friends told me that Tesco had deals where you could get two, 24 can slabs for €35 or two packets of 15 bottles for €25 but, alas, we went into the store yesterday and it wasn't mentioned anywhere. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

2 litre bottle of Linden Village for €5.49 in most places.. Tesco did have great deals on slabs but there deals are not the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lago wrote: »
    Looking for any deals on cans of beer or cider. A few friends told me that Tesco had deals where you could get two, 24 can slabs for €35 or two packets of 15 bottles for €25 but, alas, we went into the store yesterday and it wasn't mentioned anywhere. Any suggestions?

Tesco have Bulmers 18 cans for €24, a couple of weeks ago they had 24 cans for €24 - never saw 2 x 24 slabs for €35 ever.

They have 2 x 12 packs of beer for €25 - Corona being one of them, and I think Heineken and Budweiser.

Check

www.tesco.ie

www.supervalu.ie

www.dunnesstores.ie

www.aldi.ie

www.lidl.ie

for their special offers.

In my experience there is no point to even looking at Centra, Mace or Eurospar for beer/cider offers as they are usually crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Thank lads, they all sound good (although I don't know what Linden Village is).

Just found this on Tesco.ie though. Am I reading it wrong or does that say two packs of 20 cans for €25?

http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

2 boxes of 20 bottles Budweiser for €25 in Tesco. Think the cans are €24 a tray.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget you can get drunk for less if you donate a pint of blood.

It's important not to drink on an empty stomach tempting as this strategy may sound.

The cheapest way to get drunk , also takes into account the volume you needed to consume to get drunk. http://www.foodfight.org.uk/other/images/trampindex.pdf

you will need to re-calculate prices for here
    the UK have BOGOF
    we have half excise duty on stuff of 2.8% or below.

Also most lagers taste the same if you superchill them. Using this trick you can rate similar priced beverages by hangover rather than taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody know of any cheap beer deals at the min? Need to be cans as opposed to bottles to bring them into the camp site at the fleadh. Local cost cutter has 24 cans of Coors lite for €24, could be the best around at the minute I'd say!

Advertisement