Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repayment of Tax

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just found out that I owe €5500 to the tax office. I changed jobs internally back in Oct 2010 (literally I just moved desks in the same office) I moved from weekly to monthly payroll. Anyway to cut a long story short my company sent the tax office a P45 for me so the tax office had me down as not working since 2010. Stupidly I never noticed any change because I had got a reasonable salary increase with my new job and my husband never noticed either because he had some reductions and his salary just balanced out. Anyway I only found out by chance about this but the long and short of it is my company is saying it isn't anything to do with them even though they did send a P45 to the tax office and I am now having to pay the price. Any advice on how I should handle it i.e. does anyone know how repayments to the revenue works?? Any advice greatly appreciated.....

Comments

Advertisement