Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowy White Owl

• 19-06-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering does anyone know where I could purchase one of these or have any information on where to source one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi All,

Just wondering does anyone know where I could purchase one of these or have any information on where to source one.

Thanks

Diagon Alley?

Sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

I've seen owls appear on donedeal in the past not sure if I saw these particular ones though.

However best bet on advice is to go to www.parrots.ie and ask there as I know there are some people on it who have experience with owls.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Thanks for your help, nothing on done deal and i've posted on parrots forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Have you a licence? I can give you a number to a fella that has them but need proof that you have licence or he won't sell one to you
    Secondly why do you want one ie what the reason
    Where will it be kept what size mews will it be in and are you willin to get the training first to fly it
    How much you think they are aswell cuz snowy owls are one of the more expensive owls if not the most expensive
    I'm not havin a dig at ya it's just people want birds of prey for the wrong reason and after a while they lose interest and the birds are left there depressed and bored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

You need to talk to someone in falconry and hawking. You should contact the Irish hawking association.

Be warned though that birds of prey do not make good pets. Unless you are willing to train and hunt with it then dont consider one. They also require large aviaries and falconry equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have you a licence? I can give you a number to a fella that has them but need proof that you have licence or he won't sell one to you
    Secondly why do you want one ie what the reason
    Where will it be kept what size mews will it be in and are you willin to get the training first to fly it
    How much you think they are aswell cuz snowy owls are one of the more expensive owls if not the most expensive
    I'm not havin a dig at ya it's just people want birds of prey for the wrong reason and after a while they lose interest and the birds are left there depressed and bored

Valid concerns, especially since the harry potter films where a lot of people got them and they are now being abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I do falconry that's why I asked the questions
    I use my hawk for hunting rabbits and game so if you want an owl what's the purpose. I'd be more than happy to explain exactly what you need before you even get the bird

Advertisement