Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty spot for wedding photos near Ballyduff or Amber Springs

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm photographing a wedding in the near future (Ballyduff church and Amber Springs hotel) and the couple in question previously mentioned using Courtown Beach for photos during the day, but as the date draws closer, they are having second thoughts about this.
    Are there any more convenient spots (in terms of location) that you think would be suitable for taking wedding shots, say, of just the couple and the bridal party. Not necessarily a heavily manicured place, it could be an old ruined castle or a forest/woods/lake in the area.
    Would really appreciate any suggestions,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Schqually

Ferns Castle would be one option as it has a nice grassy area on the inside of the remaining castle walls. Another option just down the road from Ballyduff would be the Bay Gardens in Camolin. You would need permission from relevant owners for both of these. Camolin Park Forest is the nearest large forest but is a bit featureless in my view. Ballyduff has a couple of interesting features too. Otherwise, I'd head for the beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Relevant owners for Ferns Castle is us the people !! (or the OPW that administer it for us)

More info here -

http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/South-East/FernsCastle/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭schqually

Many thanks for your replies - I think that either Ferns Castle (even though it will be a bit of a job to keep the village out of the background ;) ) or The Bay Garden would work very well.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

What about the little park in Craanford, I'm always seeing people getting their pics taken there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

There's a few smaller beaches (and not as crowded at Courtown) up the coast, Clone and Clogga.

If are going for Courtown I'd recommend the far north end of the beach near the rocks (not far from the golf club), it's usually less populated than the south end if peace and quiet is what you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement