Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Day out in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

What is good to do down in kilkenny there is a bunch of lads heading down for a few days looking for some thing good to do one of the days apart from drinking. As thats what we will be doing the rest of the time :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Karting in Ballyhale, 25 mins drive from KK.
    Clay pigeon shooting, archery etc... in Countyside adventure centre(I think that's what it's called) - its located on the road past the golf club.
    Airsoft shooting Range in Wallslough.
    Golf - clubs in Kilkenny, Ballyhale, Castlecomer, Callan.
    Smithwicks Brewery Tour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1984baby wrote: »
    Clay pigeon shooting, archery etc... in Countyside adventure centre(I think that's what it's called) - its located on the road past the golf club.
    Smithwicks Brewery Tour.

On the the golf, I reckon Gowran is better than all of those mentioned. There could be horse racing on in Gowran when you're down. Dog racing is on Wednesdays and Fridays and can be a good night out.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭nunn351

Check out Nowlan Park to see if there are any hurling matches on .......See hurling at its best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

1984baby wrote: »
    Smithwicks Brewery Tour.

There is also karting @ The Grid in Carlow, only 20 mins away from KK. I wouldn't bother with the Airsoft shooting range, I've never been, but I can't imagine it being too exciting. I've played at a few airsoft sites and it would be better craic for a group of lads to play a proper game instead of target practice.. South East Airsoft isn't far from kk and is meant to have a nice site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement