Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC question

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Okay so I've had UPC internet for the past 10 months in the house in Dublin for college. I've cancelled the direct debit for the next 3 months until college starts up again. Is there any problem with me restarting UPC for another 9-10 months or would they force me to pay the 3 summer months and/or a disconnection fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Okay so I've had UPC internet for the past 10 months in the house in Dublin for college. I've cancelled the direct debit for the next 3 months until college starts up again. Is there any problem with me restarting UPC for another 9-10 months or would they force me to pay the 3 summer months and/or a disconnection fee?

Yes, you are only stopping the DD, this doesnt mean the service stops. The DD is only a method of payment so unless they are asked to cancel it will continue on. Once a payment goes overdue I am sure they will be in touch about it.

Would imagine in September they will want the Summer months to be paid.

I thought UPC dont a 9/10 month college term contract for students?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

i'm logged in now and I have a "student starter" pack, and they've charged me for june which I haven't paid since i've cancelled the DD. I can't find where it would tell me my contract length. I'm really hoping it's a 9 or 10 month as I can't afford to throw away 180+ euro for nothing. It says there's a 150 euro cancellation fee, all I want to do is suspend the service for 3 months. Also I can't find any information on how to cancel on the website.

thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

i'm logged in now and I have a "student starter" pack, and they've charged me for june which I haven't paid since i've cancelled the DD. I can't find where it would tell me my contract length. I'm really hoping it's a 9 or 10 month as I can't afford to throw away 180+ euro for nothing. It says there's a 150 euro cancellation fee, all I want to do is suspend the service for 3 months. Also I can't find any information on how to cancel on the website.

thanks for the help.

Ok you need to contact UPC. The contract length doesnt mean it will stop after the contract is finished. It means if you wish to cancel the service within this period there may be penalties. You need to tell them you want it stopped if you want no further charges for each month. The DD is only the method of payment.

Advertisement