Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience's with CPP phone insurance?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

I dropped my iPhone 4 over a week ago, the screen is all smashed but the phone still works, I have phone insurance through my Ulster Bank account. It's with CPP, first i was told i would be sent a replacement phone then I forward them my damaged phone.

I rang today and paid the excess of €40 and then the lady said they will forward me an envelope and I send my damaged phone to them and I will receive a cheque to the vaule of the phone, i feel i am going to get done here and receive a cheque which will be next to nothing compared to the value of getting a new/refurbished iphone 4 32gb. I said to her I only want the screen repaired. Are these going to repair my phone and use for there own benefit and send me a smelly little cheque???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

In my experience they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Good luck Davexirl.

If I was you I would phone them again and not hang up untill you get confirmation that you are either getting a new phone or are told the ammount that is going to be on the cheque.
    Don't let them away with anything, they will take full advantage.

And yes they will more than likley either get the screen repaired and send it on to someone else or send it back to the manufacturer who will send them a replacement and repair it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Right thanks very much, so they are a bunch of cowboys. I'll ring them today and ask a few questions, if I'm not happy with the answers I'll see if I can cancel my claim and get my €40 excess refunded and get the phone repaired myself.

Thanks

I got home from work yesterday and there was a delivery guy at my front door, I thought it was the box to send my phone to them, the delivery guy didn't have a clue if I was to give it back to him there and then so I went into my house. While I was carrying the box in I went mmm this feels a bit heavier than just an empty box and to my surprise there was a 32gb iPhone 4 in the box it's the white one but I don't care be a bit of a change from having the black one the last 19 months.

So CPP told me loads of different information but it all worked out in the end and they haven't asked me to send off my smashed iPhone yet or if they will, so will wait and see what happens, might get it repaired and sell it on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Davexirl wrote: »
    might get it repaired and sell it on ;)

...and there's the reason why insurance companies don't want to play nice...

might get it repaired and sell it on ;)

...and there's the reason why insurance companies don't want to play nice...

Well now I did say to them that I only want it repaired, they asked me when was the last time I used the phone and I said I'm using it now and it works fine and I only want the screen repaired.

They sent me the new phone and still haven't requested me to send back the other one.

• Advertisement

Well now I did say to them that I only want it repaired, they asked me when was the last time I used the phone and I said I'm using it now and it works fine and I only want the screen repaired.

They sent me the new phone and still haven't requested me to send back the other one.

They always ask for the old phone. I haven't dealt with CPP myself, but from several threads on boards it was always mentioned that the old phone needed to go back.

You said it yourself that they would send out a package for you to send the phone back in.

They always ask for the old phone. I haven't dealt with CPP myself, but from several threads on boards it was always mentioned that the old phone needed to go back.

You said it yourself that they would send out a package for you to send the phone back in.

I know that's what they said but surely they would have sent the box when they delivered the phone in the first place, I bet I'll get home from work tomorrow and the box will be waiting for me.

The two times I was talking to CPP I was told different things and what was going to happen. I was told I was getting a cheque but had to send old phone first and then they send me a phone.

I know that's what they said but surely they would have sent the box when they delivered the phone in the first place, I bet I'll get home from work tomorrow and the box will be waiting for me.

The two times I was talking to CPP I was told different things and what was going to happen. I was told I was getting a cheque but had to send old phone first and then they send me a phone.

Don't know, never heard of any phone insurance company handing out cheque's. Usually they issue an exact replacement or to the same value if not available.

From the other threads I've read the guy that delivers the new phone has to pick up the old one back.

Advertisement